Stopped losing weight!!!

Options
Hello All. I know... "you just hit a plateau." This seems more than that and I'm getting pretty frustrated. I've lost 60 pounds since May of 2019. I hit a few plateaus but I would break them in about a week or two. This one is going on for about a month. So here a few points about me.
  • I've been overweight my entire life.
  • The thinnest I've been was when I was in the Navy (1982 - 1986) and even then, I quickly gained weight. I'm now 55.
  • Doc said I'm slightly hypothyroid. I've taken meds for it before (many times) and my weight didn't fluctuate one way of the other. Later the doc said that my hypo wasn't severe enough to not lose weight normally.
  • During the first 60 lbs. I realised that he was right because I was losing about from 1.5 to 2 lbs a week save for the occasional plateau.
  • I've responded to resistance training, cardio, and intermittent fasting (16/8). I enjoyed fasting because it was great for my digestion.
  • After the 60lb loss, COVID quarantine started and I blew off dieting for about two months.
  • I restarted and quickly lost 10 pounds...
  • Everything just stopped. :(
  • Currently, I'm at 1860 calories, I work out daily, intermittent fasting.. water... I track and weigh all my food, record all my workout, adjusted macros many times, HIIT... Just, nothing!
  • I do feel a bit leaner and doing more kettlebell workouts but there's no way that I'm getting that much muscle..

Thoughts? Similar experiences? Encouragement?? LOL... I've never plateaued this long.oiwyvyuzc3kc.jpg

Thank you all.

Replies

• mrsevers2015
    mrsevers2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ! All the things you did to lose weight the first time around, are you doing all of the same things? I've heard that your workout regimen should change like your diet. Your body can tend to get "used" to said routine. Maybe just some changes could help kick that loss back into gear. Maybe some more weightlifting? Keep the body guessing! Good luck 🙂
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Do I read correctly that March-May you were not dieting and then in around June you lost 10lb but July nothing? How long is it since you lost any weight?
  • KateB989
    KateB989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I asked this question and someone said it’s because my body had gone into stress, too much exercise and not enough calories so my body was hanging on to the last bit of fat that I wanted to lose! So I’ve cut my exercise down and upped my calories back up this week! So I’ll see what happens 🤷‍♀️😩
  • alexcordero3
    alexcordero3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the helpful comments. You've given me a lot to consider. I've done some things you're all suggesting but missed a few so I'll implement those. Yes, it does seem like a plateau because I was used to my steady progress... Then Christmas 2019 happened, then COVID readjustments.. no more gym, sedentary job. Again, thank you!