WOW...Boiled eggs.....😮😮😮

Options
Hello there....Hope your all doing good 😉😉

Is it me or are boiled eggs AMAZING.... Started having 2 or 3 boiled eggs for my breakfast and a coffee 👍. The eggs just seem to fill me up so much, for at least 4 or 5 hours. I thought oats where filling but eggs are brilliant. To say there just a little food (in size) they do the job. Thumbs up from me..

Thanks
Wayne

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I agree, for their volume and calories eggs do a great job. A real hero food!

There is a fun thread over in the Food and Nutrition section of the forum called “what’s your favourite underrated food”, you might enjoy checking that out for more gems.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I love my hard boiled egg. I have one a day. Usually late morning with salt and pepper. It tides me over until the afternoon.

So delicious! 🥚
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Soft boiled egg lover here. They're TOO good 😵

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs pretty much every single morning in some shape or form. Right now it is an omelet, but I also do scrambled, fried, or boiled. Especially love a medium boiled egg on avocado toast with everything but the bagel seasoning. Yum!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, but they don’t keep me full. Scrambled or poached does it for me. I don’t kno why it makes a difference. Probably cuz I can scarf 2 boiled eggs down in no time. I eat them too fast. Physiological probably.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I've recently been having a boiled egg alongside my wrap for lunch and it really helps me stay full. I had something else for today and I'm feeling peckish already 1 hour later!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you really want to blow your mind, put some everything bagel seasoning on them. Thank me later ;)

Yes! I was eating them with just salt and pepper for the longest time before I tried it. Won't got back to plain.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you really want to blow your mind, put some everything bagel seasoning on them. Thank me later ;)

@psuLemon Where do you get this seasoning from? :)
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    eggs n Tabasco
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »

Trader Joe’s has it. McCormick has it now as well. I make my own and leave out the toasted garlic because I don care for it.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Wayne, I have 3 eggs almost every day. It's just the way I roll. Try mixing them with 2 tablespoons of Birchbenders (keto/paleo friendly to everyone) pancake mix. Make yourself an omelette in a tad of Kerrygold butter. Throw in some vege and/or salsa for variety or just make one large pancake for some Grab-N-Go food as you head on out the door with another cuppa coffee. Pop it down, Jack me UP...Shoot me out flyin' down the highway. Oooo, I'm drivin' my life away ;) Lookin' for a sunny day.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg with toast almost every day for breakfast.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options

Trader Joe’s has it. McCormick has it now as well. I make my own and leave out the toasted garlic because I don care for it.

Yep. A lot of the stores around me have it. I got mine from Lidl but i know Trader Joe's, Wegmans, and Harris Teeter have them as well.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Trader Joe’s calls it “Everything but the bagel.” It’s great on avacado toast too!!
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

My mother used to make them for us and I loved a soft boiled egg on buttered toast, but I can never get the timing right so that the whites are firm but the yolk still runny.

How long do you boil them? Do you start the egg in cold water or boiling water?

(Thanks!)
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Slowfaster wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »

My mother used to make them for us and I loved a soft boiled egg on buttered toast, but I can never get the timing right so that the whites are firm but the yolk still runny.

How long do you boil them? Do you start the egg in cold water or boiling water?

(Thanks!)

You must become one with every egg 🥚

Or...you can set a timer for 4-5 min after you've placed the egg(s) in a pot of boiling water and go from there.

I'm the type who doesn't mind runny whites either but if that notion makes you do one of these 😱 then set your timer for 5-6 min.

The minute gap gives you room to experiment.

Either way, run the pot under cold water for ~30 sec before cracking and delighting in your protein wonder.

Lastly, try poached eggs if you wanna be fancy (while also being better able to see your yolk's "runniness")
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks a million, Malted Tea! You are the Martha Stewart of soft boiled eggs!
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Let us know how it goes! Apparently timing can vary based on elevation so experiment with a carton 😋
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I almost always have an egg or two for breakfast. I vary how I cook them. Today, it was poached.