Equestrian Fitness: August 2020 Challenge

Lhasandme
Lhasandme Posts: 38 Member
ghj5qo1078py.jpg
Are there any fitness-focused equestrians here on MFP working to improve their nutrition and fitness for better effectiveness, balance and injury prevention? I am opening this challenge to anyone interested in joining me in this August 2020 challenge to track your progress and meet goals!

My personal challenge: Phase II August 1 - August 31st
Ride time: 4 rides per week (3 consecutive days: flat, flat, jump and 1 flat/jump)
Weight Training: 3x per week (short workouts, emphasis on core building)
[Optional] Yoga: 1 session

Goals:
Build core strength and stability
Build lean muscle (convert fat weight to muscle)
Improve my cardio capacity
Improve ability to jump courses with lightness and balance
Medical: Build up musculature and *more even* flexibility in my T12 area/lower back

Share your personal goals, motivation, decide on a group challenge (I'd be interested in others' ideas), and/or log-in exercise hours to achieve summer goals!

It doesn't matter which discipline, whether you show or ride for pleasure! Equestrians have a unique need for core stability, overall body strength/flexibility, and balance.

I'll post my progress here, join in anytime.

Ride strong!

Tags: equestrian, horse, english, hunter, jumper, dressage, eventing, fitness, hunter pace, horse show, ride, cross country, western, trail.

Replies

• Lhasandme
    @shorepine @MomLarisa Hi Ladies! Back at it, if you're interested.... hope you're having a great summer!
  • Lhasandme
    August 1 - Jump school in the derby field (worked on jumping full course, canter collection and balance) 60m+
    Aug 2 - rest
    Aug 3 - rest
    Aug 4 - flatwork (indoor) 40m
    Aug 5 -
    Aug 6 -
    Aug 7 -
    Aug 8 -
    Aug 9 -

New focus to train 3 consecutive days [2 days on the flat and the third jumping] and a 4th day to jump or flat with group. I was spinning my wheels with intermittent days off throughout the week.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Is this you in the photo @Lhasandme? I don't ride but love watching dressage. Good on you for starting and continuing the thread!
  • Lhasandme
    Oh thanks so much! Yes, we girls need to keep it going, right? :) Thanks for the positive energy - sending you tons too!