Sleeping after eating makes you gain weight... myth or truth?

Options
Hello all, I am a medical student and I often eat at odd times and sleep when I can, so I was wondering if it was true if it makes you more likely to gain weight if you sleep after eating? Or is it still just about daily calorie intake? Thanks!

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! In hindsight, I wish we had much more nutrition lectures in med school- in my first few years, we only had two! Two! It makes it really difficult to counsel patients so I am trying to learn all I can haha.

What would be really great was if they taught nutrition in schools, then half of us wouldn't need to be here :D
  • lilharumaki
    lilharumaki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Thank you both! In hindsight, I wish we had much more nutrition lectures in med school- in my first few years, we only had two! Two! It makes it really difficult to counsel patients so I am trying to learn all I can haha.

What my doctor did for me was to recognize her lack of knowledge and refer me to a dietitian :)

That’s really smart!! Dietitians are great, I really hope you like yours! Another important thing in the healthcare field is working together with other professionals to give the best care for a patient!! That includes dietitians, they’re specially trained to help with these kinds of things!! I worked with a pregnancy dietitian on my obstetrics rotation and she was awesome.