2 ingrediant pancakes!

Options

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I tried them today and I loved them! I added a couple chocolate chips in it, but I love the banana flavor. I might just add a little bit of oatmeal next time because I am not too sure of the texture yet.
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It did say to mash the banana..... :)
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I kind of make these. I add 1/3 cup oatmeal to mine and they turn out awesome.

1 banana
    2 egg whites
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    Some ground cinnamon
    a tsp vanilla

I sometimes put a layer of vanilla greek yogurt in between and top with some fruit and maybe granola. I have done different variations and they are awesome.

Here are a few of the ones I've made:

m227601338.jpg

m227469874.jpg

m227097825.jpg

it looks so delicious. I might try this.
  • M5E18L1963
    Options
    I believe in the original recipe it calls for 1 "mashed" banana and 2 eggs mixed together. This is a picture of sliced bananas cooked with eggs.
  • M5E18L1963
    Options
    not exactly an appropriate response. Disgusting.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This site is so ridiculous sometimes. I'm glad people feel the need to post how gross something sounds. Something they've probably never tried. Weird. Glad I'm more open minded with food. I'd hate to miss out on something so tasty.

YES. Thank you. I think I have yet to read a thread on this site that doesn't have at least one person (usually more) telling someone else why they are completely wrong, why their idea or method is stupid, or why something else would work SOOO much better. For every nice person with helpful information to contribute, there's a know-it-all who turns something simple like pancakes into some elitist, snarky bullsh*t. It gets really exhausting, and often, discouraging.

Does it REALLY matter if it's an "omelet" and not a "pancake"? Are you losing sleep over this?

"I'd rather have, ya know... real pancakes." Fine, so have them. And anyone that would like to try this recipe can try this recipe. No need to even comment.

Anyway, I've not tried this myself, but I have heard good things! Thanks for posting it. :-)
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i've tried to make them before and they just turn out to be like a weird mush. maybe i'm doing something wrong?? lol

I think I would have the same luck with it lol
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    pancake-man_131621863669.jpg

can't decide whether to laugh or run away in terror....
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This site is so ridiculous sometimes. I'm glad people feel the need to post how gross something sounds. Something they've probably never tried. Weird. Glad I'm more open minded with food. I'd hate to miss out on something so tasty.

YES. Thank you. I think I have yet to read a thread on this site that doesn't have at least one person (usually more) telling someone else why they are completely wrong, why their idea or method is stupid, or why something else would work SOOO much better. For every nice person with helpful information to contribute, there's a know-it-all who turns something simple like pancakes into some elitist, snarky bullsh*t. It gets really exhausting, and often, discouraging.

Does it REALLY matter if it's an "omelet" and not a "pancake"? Are you losing sleep over this?

"I'd rather have, ya know... real pancakes." Fine, so have them. And anyone that would like to try this recipe can try this recipe. No need to even comment.

Anyway, I've not tried this myself, but I have heard good things! Thanks for posting it. :-)

I totally agree. The fact that it may not appeal to me does not make it bad, nasty or gross. We just went through teaching this less on to a visitor but she had an excuse, she is a child, a granddaughter.

With nothing constructive to say, only criticism, sometimes it is best to simply not comment. People who have not tried it and don't plan to (like me) really have no input regarding the post.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I kind of make these. I add 1/3 cup oatmeal to mine and they turn out awesome.

1 banana
    2 egg whites
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    Some ground cinnamon
    a tsp vanilla

I sometimes put a layer of vanilla greek yogurt in between and top with some fruit and maybe granola. I have done different variations and they are awesome.

Here are a few of the ones I've made:

m227601338.jpg

m227469874.jpg

m227097825.jpg

THIS I've done. It holds the form a bit better. The banana and egg thing, to me, just tastes like scrambled eggs with bananas. Was not a fan. But when I added the oatmeal, it was more like a pancake. I really liked it this way.
  • rosiemay3
    Options
    They're super good with greek yoghurt and berries on top :)
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    must try those
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

I agree.

And I did try these, sort of. I added, as one person suggested, a 1/3 cup of oats. For texture, I think I would grind some oats first next time and let the batter sit and soak a few minutes, then add the rest of the oats. Otherwise, they were actually pretty good. I served them with a small amount of plain yogurt with a bit of honey and almond flavoring (I would use Greek yogurt if I had it) and a sprinkle of pine nuts over the top. They aren't something I would eat all the time, but my daughter and I liked them.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had two delicious real chocolate chip pancakes this morning for the same amount of calories.
  • Timetobetiny
    Options
    I add Nutracleanse to mine, to hold them together a bit better. But, I think I'd love to try it with oats too!

They are very filling, and last me until lunch, or even late afternoon sometimes! Don't hate until you try them.
  • laprexioza
    Options
    I do half a cup off egg whites and 1/4 a cup of oat with 1/2 a banana , blended on a blender.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I had two delicious real chocolate chip pancakes this morning for the same amount of calories.

That's awesome. I bet they were good, too! And I hope you enjoyed them. I'm not sure what your point is, though - maybe some people are tired of, or don't like, or want a healthier option than, or are allergic to ingredients in delicious real chocolate chip pancakes (actually I would gag on the chips lol, but that's irrelevant). Surely it's okay to try something different....?
  • jeremyjirwin
    Options

But did you get all the delicious protein that these pancakes give you to keep you full for several hours? What about all the tasty potassium?

calories are not the selling point here, it is the fact that they are super nutritious instead of the traditional empty carbs you get from pancakes.
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried this even though it sounded horrible.. I used 135g of banana and an "extra large" egg. They were difficult to flip aaannnd it was a disgusting banana omelete. ;[ I'm disappointed in myself for eating this.
  • susieqwood11
    Options
    cinnamon roll pancakes

1 scoop gaspari cinnamon roll protein powder
    1/3 cup oat flour (i use bob's red mill)
    1 whole egg
    1/2 banana mashed
    1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or you can use water
    1 drop pure liquid stevia
    sprinkle cinnamon (i <3 so i use tons)
    spray pan olive oil or coconut oil
    cook low til center bubbles & flip
    cook evenly brown
    top with walden's farm syrup or sugar free syrup
    I also spread lil peanut butter/almond butter on top :-)