Ditch or keep

Options
eluz
eluz Posts: 2 Member
Soooo, I’m almost at my target weight (!!) but now a fair few of my clothes no longer fit... do I send to goodwill or keep just in case I get fat again (which I really don’t want to do!!)

Replies

• ayresome75
    ayresome75 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ditch, incentive to stay at your current weight if there's nothing to wear... ;)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,284 Member
    Options
    I'd keep a few of the biggest pieces (pants, belt...) just for 'proof' of what you accomplished and get rid of the rest 🙂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say ditch too, but having a history of needing to buy more clothes again(sadly more than once), I'd say keep a few. :blush: Or hang onto them, store them someplace way out of sight and get rid of them in another year or so.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Ditch them, move on.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I wish I had kept 1 pair of my size 24 pants to remind me where I started.
    I've maintained size 10 for years but keep a couple 12s for my feelin' fat days
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ditch
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You don't need to fall back on those old clothes. Keeping them is just another backup plan mentality. Knowing why you're holding on makes letting them go easier. It's time to move past all of our 'just in case' clothes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    You don't need to fall back on those old clothes. Keeping them is just another backup plan mentality. Knowing why you're holding on makes letting them go easier. It's time to move past all of our 'just in case' clothes.

SkeletalBronzeAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ditch
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate in size a bit so I keep a variety of clothes for my gaining cycles, possible pregnancy (not planning on it but if rather be prepared than not). Maybe keep a few nice pants and tops a little bigger but not your top weight just in case, but not too big so you can nip it in the bud if you ever start gaining.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I would say hold onto a few items, both just to be on the safe side AND mainly to remind yourself how far you have came along. For most of it, though - ditch. I have faith you won't need them!