Never mind

Options
cmmerck190
cmmerck190 Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2020 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi all!

This past Tuesday I went under IV sedation(anasteisa and saline) to remove all 5 of my wisdom teeth(I had an extra one!). My face is still very swollen and I am on painkillers and an antibiotic. My stomach is also kind of swollen/larger than usually.

The last time I weigh myself was over a month ago and I weighted 132lbs. I know I gained some healthy weight so I was predicting I would be anywhere from 135-137lbs since I was eating more during that month but also lifting 3 times a week and swim training 2 hours M-F. I want to maintain that!

I jumped on the scale on Wednesday to see my weight and it sky rocketed up to 149lbs!! I am quite terrified and feel very upset.

Can someone help me out? I have been thinking about this non stop... did I actually gain 18+ lbs in a month or is it water retention/inflammation ? I have been googling this for the last few hours and feel helpless and shameful.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Did you not like any of the answers from when you asked this question yesterday?

This is the 3rd time you've asked this, are you wanting a different response this time?
  • cmmerck190
    cmmerck190 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Did you not like any of the answers from when you asked this question yesterday?

This is the 3rd time you've asked this, are you wanting a different response this time?

I am sorry... you are right. I am just scared and need support.

Sorry to bother you.

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    cmmerck190 wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »

I am sorry... you are right. I am just scared and need support.

Sorry to bother you.

You aren't bothering me at all. You've gotten some great advice on your other posts. You've had a surgery I doubt you've eaten enough calories to gain 18 lbs in a month. That would be like 63,000 calories over maintenance.
    When I had my wisdom teeth removed I was put under too, and like you my weight shot up. Couldn't fit in any of my pants. I was so bloated all over. It took some time during my healing, but the weight did return to normal. Focus on getting healed, and for now ignore the scale.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Support from a bunch of strangers on the internet is no solution to a problem.

We don't have any other details about you, but 149lbs isn't very heavy.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    It’s common to gain weight after surgery & important not to diet as your body needs nutrients to heal/fight inflammation. Concentrate on a healthy diet, lots of water, walking daily - and see where you are in one month.