Need to lose 40lbs in 5 weeks

Options

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Go on one of those extreme weight loss shows.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 2 weeks isn't fast enough?
    That's what.some people lose in 2 months.
    Be patient. Losing weight at the cost of your overall health
    Isn't worth it. 40 pounds isn't going to happen, that's over a
    Pound per day. Aim for slower weight loss to preserve muscle (coupled with
    Strength training) and your body will thank you.
    Good luck!
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I feel so under pressure to lose weight so forgive me if I sound impatient.

Why do you feel under pressure to lose weight? You should do this as healthily and comfortably as possible. And please tell me you're at least NETTING 1200 not eating 1200 and exercising 300 to NET 900, because that's what is classified as a very low calorie diet and is very unhealthy.

I'm netting around 900. I want to increase the net to about 1100 but I don't want to gain weight so I'm taking it slowly so that I gradually increase my net and not suddenly increase it.

After 5 weeks I'll increase my net to 1100.
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    I don't think its possible. Maybe another 10-15. Whats the 5 week motivation?

I'm going back to Uni and I want to look thinner and prettier.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Then you will put it all straight back on! As your doing it wrong and for all the wrong reasons!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Next time, plan better so you have a realistic time frame to reach realistic goals.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Cut off your head, that's an easy 10lbs lost
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    You're netting 900 calories. This is unrealistic.
    You want to lose 40lbs in 5 weeks. This is unrealistic.

And you're going back to Uni? I think you need to reorganize your priorities.
  • hannahfowler86
    Options
    To lose 40 pounds in 5 weeks, you'd need to lose 8 pounds a week. A pound of fat is worth 3500 calories. You'd need to more than a pound a day to drop so much weight, meaning you burn at LEAST 3500 calories a day. Now let's say you are like "yeah I can do that for 5 weeks, not eat and exercise". Let's also say your BMR is 2000 calories per day. This means you would need to burn 1500 calories in exercise in addition to eliminating food intake. This, is unrealistic and will result in either binge eating or illness.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm sure somebody already mentioned this, but this weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. You're setting yourself up for failure with unrealistic goals. You're losing weight for life, right? Then why does it need to be done in 5 weeks? It doesn't.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think you may have to sacrifice a limb or two if it is that important, no way you can lose 8 lbs a week otherwise
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that :laugh:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You'll need a scalpel and a good surgeon. Each leg, from the hip down, is about 20 lbs. You can have this done in 2 hours, no need to wait 5 weeks.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I feel so under pressure to lose weight so forgive me if I sound impatient.

Why do you feel under pressure to lose weight? You should do this as healthily and comfortably as possible. And please tell me you're at least NETTING 1200 not eating 1200 and exercising 300 to NET 900, because that's what is classified as a very low calorie diet and is very unhealthy.

I'm netting around 900. I want to increase the net to about 1100 but I don't want to gain weight so I'm taking it slowly so that I gradually increase my net and not suddenly increase it.

This is not being mean/negative/etc. Just honest.

If you add food you won't gain. You may at first, but then it'll come back off with as much as you are exercising.

I'm eating 1688 a day and losing weight.

It's not a race, weight loss takes time. and I agree 10 lbs in 2 weeks isn't fast enough? What?

Do you want to lose weight the healthy way and also keep it off or lose it to regain it?
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ummm excuse me....I am no expert but I think 40 pounds in 5 weeks is very unrealistic.....unless you want to hurt yourself. you should only be losing 1-2 pounds a week.......
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Start running today. Don't stop until September 26th.

:grumble:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's even possible to lose that much weight in 5 weeks...
  • Secretsundays
    Options

This is not being mean/negative/etc. Just honest.

If you add food you won't gain. You may at first, but then it'll come back off with as much as you are exercising.

I'm eating 1688 a day and losing weight.

It's not a race, weight loss takes time. and I agree 10 lbs in 2 weeks isn't fast enough? What?

Do you want to lose weight the healthy way and also keep it off or lose it to regain it?

Thanks for this.