Recently Raped

Options
lucerne2
lucerne2 Posts: 4 Member
Hi. I'm 55, 5'4" and 244 pounds; and I was raped 6 weeks ago. I am so disappointed in myself - that I have let myself go so much, I was an easy target. I tried to fight back, but wasn't much of a challenge. 3 days ago I joined a gym for the first time in my life. The owner asked why I was there - ya know, why now? I told him the truth and I was crying. He said if I am willing to do the work, and pay my monthly gym membership ($30), he will coach me for free to help me succeed. I am feeling so blessed to have this opportunity. I have 2 autistic kids that are 19 and 18. Now that they are graduated I feel like I can focus on myself. I also just lost my job due to Covid, so I have the time to do this, even though I am poor. (Thank God for hubby-he's still working). I need a few friends, buddies, motivation. If you can identify with me at all, please add me to your circle. Thanks.

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @lucerne2 Oh my dear, you've been run through the wringer with everything that's happened to you, as if any one person hasn't had enough to cope with going through these Covid times.
    If you're like me, your weight is a big part of how you define yourself. I KNOW we shouldn't but I always have/always will. Anyways, if you're letting it define who you are, you need to let go of that for now. Seek therapy for all you've gone through; seek to creating a healthy mind set and then work on a healthy physical self. I mean, you definitely at least need to join the 2 actions together but it sounds like there's a lot of inner negative self-imaging going on. It sounds like you need to be successful at loving and accepting yourself, before you have the motivation to change your lifestyle around.

I could be full of malarkey too. :blush: But that's just my take on this. Be gentle and kind with yourself!!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Please contact the various resources mentioned. Another one to be considered is contacting the police in regards to a state (if you’re in the US) victims fund. They pay for various costs incurred due to the crime, including counseling.