Scale Battle

Options
This is the first week I haven't had a loss since I started in April. I know inches are what matters, and it could be water or whatever. I just had the BEST hardest workout week yet, and it is so frustrating. I have 15lbs to go. I just needed to vent ๐Ÿ˜ง

Replies

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I know it is just a number and not me, but I am trying so hard and unfortantely patience is not my best virtue ๐Ÿจ
    I am afraid to thatthe weight isn't going to budge as fast while I am still nursing.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It is annoying when the scale does not cooperate. Mine is being stubborn right now also. Pretty sure this heat is causing major water retention though, as my wedding ring is tighter than usual.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    Options
    I do stay super hot during the day our air conditioners can't keep up and I love being outside with the kids. I need fall ๐ŸI never thought of the heat causing retention too.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    Options
    A week later my cycle started a week early....well hello bloating. It all makes sense now ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,100 Member
    Options
    A week later my cycle started a week early....well hello bloating. It all makes sense now ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Bodies are weird, That's a good lesson in itself. (Might as well trust the process, eh? ๐Ÿ˜†)

Thanks for reporting back - it's always interesting and useful to know how these things turn out.
  • meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Those last 15 are really about being as accurate as is humanly possible and having a lot of patience.

It took me nine months to lose the last 15, and it wasn't easy food-wise. I was hungry a LOT.

The same is happening to me. Why is that so?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,100 Member
    Options
    Those last 15 are really about being as accurate as is humanly possible and having a lot of patience.

It took me nine months to lose the last 15, and it wasn't easy food-wise. I was hungry a LOT.

The same is happening to me. Why is that so?

Speculatively, hunger/appetite/satiation hormones playing games.

You didn't ask about this specific topic, but this thread is a good one if you want to know more about those theories around hormones:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

Speaking from a perspective of a few years in maintenance: Some of the weirdness settles out, with time and patience. Lots of patience. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • AshHeartsJesus
    Options
    You guys I weighed in at 131.4 this morning! When I was so upset it was 136!!! Water pms bloating is CRAZY this is the first cycle that has made that much of a difference! I am so close to goal and so excited ๐Ÿ˜Ž