Options
2»

Replies

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The ones who didn't show up..
    There is one guy who became very emotionally heavy for a first date... kept commenting about how fit i looked. He was also texting some girl named rachel all night.
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The ones who didn't show up..
    There is one guy who became very emotionally heavy for a first date... kept commenting about how fit i looked. He was also texting some girl named rachel all night.

Well in his defense you do look fit and Rachel could've been his sister....or daughter?
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    We met on Match and then ran into each other at the store. He was a teacher and single dad. Seemed really nice and attractive. I was a single mom and widower. He asked me out and I said yes. The whole date he asked me what he should do about a house as he was living with his parents and couldn’t decide if he wanted to rent, buy, or build. Then he couldn’t decide what kind of car to get. So on and so forth. He literally asked me to make like 5 big life decisions for him. Then he friends me on social media and realized I was friends with someone he had been “seeing”. He said oh no I’m going to quit seeing you both. I don’t want to be a player. He totally freaked out about it. Seriously? We went on one date. No kiss and all I did was tell you what to do with your life. She can have you. You have no idea what a player is. I felt like a life coach not a date. Haha he then proceeded to ask my daughter about me every time he saw her in public or now at her work for the next 10 years. Small town 🤦🏻‍♀️

well.... jeez, don't leave us hanging

did he rent, buy or build ??

@Mororsheen
    Lol funny story. He stayed with his parents and constantly asked my daughter how I was and if I was seeing anyone every time he saw her for the last 10 years. (She worked in the ER and frequented the same gym) To the point she was creeped out and afraid for my safety. Then one day 9 years later he drives by my house I’m out checking the mail and he stops and tells me he is looking to buy a house in my neighborhood. 😳 Now that was a year ago and he never moved in thank goodness. I think he still lives at his parents house. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    Feb 31
  • scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feb 31

That’s my birthday
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Had a date with a girl in college and I have a copious amount of chest hair. However, I wasn't doing a 1970s thing with it just hanging out there. She pretty much ended the date right before we went to the movie. Made me somewhat self-conscious about it. Thank goodness my wife love it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    In college, a dude I dated for a time decided to do something "sweet" for me by looking up a restaurant he wanted to eat at (but thought I might enjoy knowing my passion for trying new things), but didn't do enough to look up the actual restaurant, the hours.. or to find out if the damn place was even still in existence.

So we drove an hour or more away from our college town to the "city" to search for this place. Not only did we never find it (I looked it up later and found out it had been shut down for over a year by the time he decided on this date), but we searched for it for over another hour. By this time I was ravenous (and the hungrier I get, the angrier I get... I can't control this connection) and fed up with this crap. I asked him curtly to stop at a gas station/convenience store to get his bearings and see if maybe the dude behind the counter might know of the place he was talking about. Not only did the attendant not know of the place, but he had never heard of it and my date decided that in the middle of a crime-ridden hell hole was the perfect place for two clueless looking college kids in a beat up boat of a car to stop to ask directions.

Ultimately, we drove around two hours looking for this non-existent place, both of us dressed up, never finding this dive and my being severely annoyed at the complete lack of preparation for the date. A part of me feels bad that his "plan" backfired, but it wasn't really a "plan" when he didn't do ANY prep work. :unamused:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Mine was a non date. He contacted me through POF, telling me how beautiful I am and he would like to take me to dinner. He lives about 35 miles from me.

Problem is that he's 34 and I'm 62. I thanked him for the compliment and asked if he realized that I'm almost 30 years older than him. He says that he likes older women and wants to take me out. I told him that I prefer men closer to my age, thank you but no.

He asked me out to finner a couple more times, i keep saying no. Then there was a pause of about an hour before receiving a message that he's in my town, where should he pick me up for dinner?

Ok thats kinda creepy. I replied "wow, you're quite persistent! Ok, here's the address" and I gave him the address for the local police dept.

About 20 minutes later he blocked me. I sure wish I could have seen his face when he arrived at the PD.

Lol I really liked your reaction every step of the way.