I need to loss 10 pounds and nothing is happening!

Options
What am I doing wrong ? I am a female within the higher normal of my BMI.
Since March I am doing strengthening daily. Started 10 min, now I am doing an hour strengthening ( core daily and alternate arm/legs and yoga/stretch ) and about an hour walking (around 4 miles).
My diet is strict and hasn’t change. I eat lean chicken, vegetables, fruits , nuts, no dairy. I might not have enough protein since I don’t eat eggs (I drink a smoothie from 3 cups of leafy green). I usually don’t eat curbs other then fruits.
I can see I look better in my clothes, but haven’t lose any weight!! Didn’t change for a smaller size in my clothes. I do feel stronger, but I want to reduce my weight.

Any advice? Thanks

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You don’t mention how much (how many calories) you are eating. It really doesn’t matter that the food stuff you mention are those generally perceived as healthy if you don’t regulate your total calories in.

I would suggest going through the guided set up on MFP (1 lb per week loss might be an appropriate target for you if your BMI is in high-normal range) and then making sure you track all food using a food scale while adhering to that goal for a month. Then you will have a better baseline to understand what’s going on if you find you are not losing.

Also consider WHY you want to reduce your weight. If the goal is aesthetic you might be better off doing recomp to change your body through weighlifting.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    What am I doing wrong ? I am a female within the higher normal of my BMI.
    Since March I am doing strengthening daily. Started 10 min, now I am doing an hour strengthening ( core daily and alternate arm/legs and yoga/stretch ) and about an hour walking (around 4 miles).
    My diet is strict and hasn’t change. I eat lean chicken, vegetables, fruits , nuts, no dairy. I might not have enough protein since I don’t eat eggs (I drink a smoothie from 3 cups of leafy green). I usually don’t eat curbs other then fruits.
    I can see I look better in my clothes, but haven’t lose any weight!! Didn’t change for a smaller size in my clothes. I do feel stronger, but I want to reduce my weight.

Any advice? Thanks

How many calories per day are you eating. Does this compare favorably with the calories suggested by MFP when you filled in your stats at the beginning?
  • FitBluberry
    FitBluberry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale and weighing everything that you eat?

Good point. I have a scale but didn’t use it. Thanks so!
  • FitBluberry
    Options
    You don’t mention how much (how many calories) you are eating. It really doesn’t matter that the food stuff you mention are those generally perceived as healthy if you don’t regulate your total calories in.

I would suggest going through the guided set up on MFP (1 lb per week loss might be an appropriate target for you if your BMI is in high-normal range) and then making sure you track all food using a food scale while adhering to that goal for a month. Then you will have a better baseline to understand what’s going on if you find you are not losing.

Also consider WHY you want to reduce your weight. If the goal is aesthetic you might be better off doing recomp to change your body through weighlifting.

I should regulate my total calories. I was lazy not using the scale and not being accurate.
    I want to loose weight since my work clothes don’t fit me anymore!

About weight lifting, how much weight is considered weight lifting for a beginner?
    I am using a set of 5/8 pound weights in my workout. I do it from home so I need to get the equipment.
  • FitBluberry
    Options

How many calories per day are you eating. Does this compare favorably with the calories suggested by MFP when you filled in your stats at the beginning? [/quote]

I am eating 1500 per day and won’t add calories that I’ve earned with workout. In the past it worked, but I admit I didn’t use the scale and I didn’t write the food at the moment I at so I could do better.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Firm up the logging. You may be aiming for 1500 per day, but odds are pretty good that you're eating more.

If you are normal but high BMI and walking 4 miles daily, then you should be able to lose weight on 1500 daily. Unless your BMR is very low such as if you were under 5'0" or in your 60's or older.

If you tend to forget to log things, or log later (which makes accuracy difficult) try to get in the habit of prelogging your day. Then you just need to go back and edit quantities.