What is your favorite lean protein?

Options
I avoid soy , dairy and eggs. I eat chicken or fish for lunch and that’s my only protein. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Wellness High Fiber tortillas- 50 kcal and 5 g protein. I fill them with a homemade Greek salad made with chickpeas, lentils, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, red onion, olives, and feta (small amount, optional) which gives me 176 kcal and 9 g protein per cup.

I'm also big on StarKist Tuna Creations packs, specifically the Hot Buffalo Style which is 70 kcal and 15 g protein per pouch. I can eat it all by itself or in a salad.

When I get home from my workouts, I love to eat cocktail shrimp. 9 medium shrimp with a small amount of cocktail sauce is 100 kcal and 21 g protein.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My favorite lower fat, non-soy, plant-based proteins are seitan and beans. I realize you weren't looking for plant-only recommendations, but they can be good additions to what you're already eating.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, fish, seafood (especially shrimp), extra lean ground beef are my main non-dairy/egg protein sources
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Any lean meat. Some obvious choices would be turkey and shrimp, but lean cuts of pork and beef are also pretty low cal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

It links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods in order by protein efficiency, highest protein for fewest calories, so the things toward the top of the list should be what I'd call "lean". Of course, there are things you don't eat on the list, but lots of things you didn't rule out.

It's a good resource, for most protein questions.