Plateau... help!!

Help!! I’ve been for same weight for weeks and weeks - exactly the same!!

I hit around 1200 cals per day. I run 30 mins every other day. On the days I don’t run, I HIIT 20-30 mins at home. I drink lots of water.

Would like to see atleast another stone off but the scale just won’t budge. I’ve thought maybe it’s muscle gain through exercise but no my skinny jeans still won’t do up!!!

It’s so disheartening!

Replies

• joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    edited August 2020
    You need to have an alternating routine at this point. Your body is used to repeated tasks. Say Tuesday Thursday and Saturday is weights. Monday Wednesday Friday and Sunday is Running.

I used to walk 10,000 steps and bodyweight training everyday. Doesn’t work after a while. Adding weight lifting would help lose a stone as you transfer the mass to muscle.
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Would I need to join a gym for that?

I have a set of dumbbells and kettlebell I use at home to a DVD
  • joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    You can do weight lifting with your DVD. Just be sure to alternate on your schedule. Sometimes increase weights. Right now, I'm using Fitbod exercise training at home which generates my workout to my tailored requirement. I switch it between Bodyweight Training while at work and switch it back to Dumbbell Training while I'm at home.