How in the world do I do this?

Options
Ok so major life changes are coming up for me. We're talking moving to a different state, starting from scratch all over again, etc. The stress is taking its toll and I am either not eating at all or very little. This is a big deal for me because of the reasons behind the life change so if anyone has tips for de-stressing please tell me!!!

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hold onto something like a rock or a book or whatever you want and just hold it with your eyes closed. Focus your anxiety on it, then think of the item absorbing the bad feelings from your body. Now it's holding all that for you and you can just leave it behind.
    Or write about what it is that's bothering you and burn it.
    There's aromatherapy and warm baths, tea ya know.
    Go for a jog to wear yourself out.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Changes are scary but sometimes it's the best thing we can do for ourselves. I went through alot of stress in the last year and for me I found that writing helped me alot. I also found new hobbies and learned to love life. We're given 1 life, there's alot of things we can't control but it's how we react to it that matters. Some things are hard at first but we all find ways to adjust. Good luck.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sometimes journaling is a helpful way to get your thoughts out.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Running helps me. If I didn’t run I’d lose my mind.
  • redlipzlittlehipz
    redlipzlittlehipz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who posted!
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    @redlipzlittlehipz , what always works for me is prayer. Not sure if you’re into that but if you can start with gratitude first, telling God thank you for all the good you see in your life, sometimes you don’t even make it to the part where you begin asking for what you need. Gratitude will change your perspective from all that is wrong to all that is right with your life. Prayer also changes your stress level in that you come to the realization there are things beyond our control so why hold on to it. I will say a prayer for you today, in hopes that you will find yourself feeling less worried tomorrow! 😘