Super obese scale won't budge

Options
Hey. So I am really confused right now. I weight 293 lbs and have well over 100lbs to lose. I have lost 90 lbs in the past and then life got in the way and here I am 9 years later and back where I started. For 2 weeks now I have been logging and working out using things like walking, playing basketball with my kids and then more intense and direct workouts with videos like turbofire (modified to my ability right now) the scale won't budge! Last time in the first week I lost like 10 lbs this time I am the same and its extremely confusing. Any ideas or advice!

Replies

• Samantha972016
    Samantha972016 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You may need to increase your water intake and try to lower your total calorie intake a little more depending on what you’re doing now. And it could always be you aren’t eating enough or eating at maintenance. Just my personal thoughts without knowing more info! 😊 hope this helps! And good luck!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think it’s safe to say at your weight it’s not lack of water or that you’re not eating enough. And you would expect to see some weight loss after 2 weeks. So that leaves the most likely (but least pleasant) answer - you’re probably eating too much. You said you’re logging but your diary is private so I can’t see what your logging looks like.

My guess is you’re either not logging accurately (weighing things, recording everything) or your calories are just set too high. Good luck with figuring it out. Just the fact you’ve started the habit of logging is a good beginning.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You may need to increase your water intake and try to lower your total calorie intake a little more depending on what you’re doing now. And it could always be you aren’t eating enough or eating at maintenance. Just my personal thoughts without knowing more info! 😊 hope this helps! And good luck!

Not eating enough to lose weight on?????

How does that one work then? ;)