Getting harder to shred that FAT

Options
Hitting 45 in a few months and man it has been hard to get lean.

I need some tips and trick.

Meal plans? Specific training?

I do boxing and HIIT for cardio and weight training. Always in morning before I start my day. 3-4 times a week

I think my diet needs a kick start.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    To help you better, folks will wanna know more if your stats: height, weight, caloric intake, what your weight training protocol looks like, etc.

All the details... 😉

Otherwise, there are lots of threads on this topic in the forums as well.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You will want to get more particular about macros. If you want smooth, lean muscles, you have to eat in a way that promotes your body in making that muscle. I also like to eat 20-40g of protein about half an hour after I lift, as there is some science to show that it can help with muscle growth. It is also important to give your muscles time to recover if you want them to really grow to their highest potential. You are already cross training, which is great. Do you do a split workout program where you work a certain body part each day or do you do a more general total body workout? If you don't already, I suggest getting more targeted with a split routine so you can focus on muscle groups that you really want to develop and highlight. You might also ask your boxing instructor (if you are using one) if they recommend any weight training exercises that will help you in the ring. Might as well lean into the activities you're already doing to get the most out of them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this is an approach that involves gradually remodeling your eating to hit a calorie goal, feel full, and improve your nutrition, focusing on eating foods you personally enjoy:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It's how I lost about 50 pounds at age 59-60 in a bit less than a year (while hypothyroid, if it matters - I think it doesn't 😉), and how I've maintained that healthy weight for 4+ years since (after about 3 decades previously of obesity). Different things work for different people, but this is something you could consider, on the eating side of things.