Finding myself in a strange situation...

Options
froeschli
froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
It's been years since i was logging calories. Back then i went from about 160lbs down to 140 i think. Did a lot of running.
This time, i was up to nearly 180lbs, but barely had time to even think about tackling that since my husband was diagnosed with cancer. He's been in hospital for over two months now, and after the first month i noticed i had lost close to 15lbs, so i decided to start counting calories to make sure i am eating enough.
Yes, i can afford to lose another 20-30lbs, but i want to do so in a healthy way. Meaning i have to start eating more again and get some strength training in.
Strange thing is, I'm actually having a hard time to get up to 1200 calories a day, where before i struggled to get as low as 1500.
I'm a bit torn about the whole thing. I want to lose the weight, part of me wants to use this situation to do it "easily" and the other part of me tells me that just not eating because i don't feel like it is a stupid thing to do....

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I often dont feel like eating and usually are are under 1200, it's just the way I am!