Day 1 of tracking

Options
I didn’t have the food necessary to follow my macros, since I’m getting it tomorrow with a grocery pickup. But here I am. Day 1, 2500 calories. 1700 goal once I have the right foods, protein powder, and protein bars.

Replies

• brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work. Im relatively new started logging in for 45 days in a row. Not so worried about the percentages so much as to make sure I get a good protein source every meal and try to keep my fat under 30%. I try to keep 250 calories or under my goal and with exercise im usually in a deficit of 700 or more. If I do this I've been losing 4 to 8 lbs a week. I am 315 lbs now down from 382lbs and I've only started 3 months ago. I got tired of who I was and people looking down on me. Im kind of angry at myself for letting myself go all these years. Im 41 and have been gaining weight for the last 13 years. I am a marine veteran and never imagined I would get this big but I would tell myself I just need to accept it. My roommate had a mini stroke and found out she was borderline diabetic and had to change her diet and lost 30 lbs in 2 months with almost no exercise. I thought if im bigger than her and I exercise a little I can lose more than that. My first month I lost 32 lbs which gave me a good jump start. Im driving to lose another 92 lbs in 9 months to get to my goal of 225 lbs.
  • DNDAddict
    DNDAddict Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @brendog79 I completely understand the gaining weight and not understanding it. 14 years ago I was in high school boxing, waiting to graduate to go pro. I can’t imagine doing the workouts I did then.
  • miscgraphics
    miscgraphics Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of calories and what you’re eating is key even if you have a bad choice day. I’m on 450 days. Down 108 pounds. I’ve had my bad days. But you’re building a habit not just good days. Starting to be accountable to MyFitnessPal everyday will show you patterns and triggers more easily. Do not give up. I noticed that staying under a certain amount of carbs daily not only makes my joints feel better but my mood is good the next day too. You can do this. Focus on one day at a time and sabotage your sabotage! I’d run out of calories and then drink tons of water until I was so miserably full I couldn’t binge. You’ll start to make better choices and like things you never have eaten before. Find ways to cut calories here and there and it will be fun. I started out walking 5 minutes every morning. Moved up to walking a mile everyday. It’s little steps built on each other over time. You can do this!
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been logging everything too even if its bad. Also make sure the food entries are accurate. I love seeing the 5 weeks prediction and know that I'm making progress.