Getting “chit chat” threads in my recents... glitch?

Options
I blocked the Chit Chat board as soon as I learned how (that’s not why I am on MFP so it made sense for me) and for a long while it was all fine and dandy, then a couple/few weeks ago MFP went down for some reason, and now I am being inundated with CC threads in my “recents,” but only starting on the second page. It’s weird, and frustrating. Anyone else? Or did some setting get changed? I don’t see it on my list of “following” so I don’t think it reverted back to default or anything... and again, it’s not on page 1, just starting on page 2, but I am finding I am not venturing out past page 1 because I don’t want to use the brain power to filter through them (probably best for my poor time management skills anyway).

Does that make any sense at all? It’s late and I am crashing after having WAY too much caffeine today... a bit more brain fog compared to usual.

Posted in General, not Chit Chat, because I obviously want it seen by others that have also blocked CC :lol:

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a glitch, I reported it a month ago, but still no fix, staff had referred it to the forum developer. I don't go beyond page one at the moment.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I just go to the forums I want to visit and all user are the threads in that forum. On my feed user only posts from my friends list, not the DBs. So I don’t know where you’re seeing this. 🤔
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yeah, I reported it too...it's annoying. First page of Recents is fine, but then from there all my "Unfollowed" forums are showing.

I hope they fix it.

There is a "Suggestions" subforum to post this kind of thing, but I don't know if that really brings it to the right peoples' attention(s).

Please submit a Support Request under "Help."

Maybe if they keep hearing it...
  • johnbhusted
    johnbhusted Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *scurries off to figure out where this "hide the chic-chat" option is*
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I reported it too...it's annoying. First page of Recents is fine, but then from there all my "Unfollowed" forums are showing.

I hope they fix it.

There is a "Suggestions" subforum to post this kind of thing, but I don't know if that really brings it to the right peoples' attention(s).

Please submit a Support Request under "Help."

Maybe if they keep hearing it...
    Can do 👍 I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something obvious!

• moonangel12
    Options
    *scurries off to figure out where this "hide the chic-chat" option is*
    It’s been a while, but I think I had to log in via PC and “unfollow” certain threads, then when you click “recent” for “following” threads it weeds them out.

• johnbhusted
    johnbhusted Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes it works. . .at least for the first page. Had to (on the Recent Discussion page) select "Following" rather than "All".

25 Internets to you, Moon. . .and many thanks! The signal to noise ratio is *really* low with both chit-chat and fun-and-games cluttering things!
  • moonangel12
    Options
    Holy smokes it works. . .at least for the first page. Had to (on the Recent Discussion page) select "Following" rather than "All".

25 Internets to you, Moon. . .and many thanks! The signal to noise ratio is *really* low with both chit-chat and fun-and-games cluttering things!
    Yeeeessss! Freedom!

So glad it worked for you! I was stoked when I first learned about it as well!