Thankgod I found MFP!!

Options
bumbalina
bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
Hi I'm Danielle,
I've been hovering around reading the posts here for a few weeks now and amazed at all the brave people out there telling their story and inspiring others so I thought I would share my story now.

I started changing my life 2 weeks ago when i decided enough is enough.
I relised there are no photos of me with myhusband and 3 children since our youngest was 2yrs old, she's now 7. THATS 5 YEARS OF AVOIDING A CAMERA!! It hit me like a sledge hammer that i'm so ashamed of the way I look and feel that I have robbed my children of visual memories of me. I thought that if something ever happened and I wasn't here for them, they had only my wedding photos and maybe 5 others to remember me by. I was so angry at my self that I had done this, that my weight has ruled my life to the point that I couldnt/wouldnt have my photo taken or put a swimsuit on (my daughter is 7 and has never seen me in one!) or ride a bike with them or dance with them.
I have tried many diets and lost some weight but as soon as I stopped it came back and brought a few extra friends to the party! So I've done some serious thinking and thought about how I used to live before my second child was born. I was very healthy and fit and never worried about my weight and had endless energy and loved my life, and I excersied every day, rarely ate processed foods, ate smaller portions and I made the time to look after me first. So I've started living the "Younger Me" life again and everything has fallen into place. I found MFP and it has made everything easier, and kept me on track and accountable for my choices. I know its going to be a long haul but I'm on my way.......

SW 107.6kg
CW 105kg
1st GW 95kg by september 18th
2nd GW 85 KG by December 4th ( My husbands 40th B'day)
3rd 75kg by january 30/2011
GW 70kg by Febuary 30/2011

LIFE IS A CHOICE AND I'M CHOOSING TO LIVE MINE !

Replies

• goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This is the start of a very good thing! You will love it here! Everyone is very supportive, and all the resources you need are here!
  • RuthWorth
    RuthWorth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am now below 300 pounds from nearly 500 and although I look terrible yet -- I decided that I was getting a swim suit and hitting the pool. Everyone here at the complexs knows what boatsailorannd I are trying and they are rooting for us and I have my friends here. Mush most of all God is my partner in this and I am praying every day for the willpower to get healthy.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing that! I love it when people are so honest! You have made a great first step, This site is amazing and the support that I have found on here has helped me stay positive and drop weight.
    Good luck, I know that you are going to do fantastic!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My husband finally realized that there are precious few photos of me also last year, I make sure Im always the one behind the camera! Going back to your "old" healthy ways will get you to your goal . . . slow and steady!
    When I first started I would moan to my husband on my weekly weigh in days (cause I stay away from that thing the rest of the week as it just taunts me) that I had only lost 1.5 or 2 pounds after working so hard to stick to my calories with ONLY healthy fresh food and exercise a number of times per week. It somehow seemed like such a letdown to have such little progress.
    I've now realized that is exactly on track for what you should lose if you do it right.
    When I started the year I wrote (in pencil, ha ha) my desired weight each Monday of where I would be if I lost 2 pounds per week on the calendar in my home office . . . some weeks it is so hard to keep motivated and dedicated and I feel like a failure . . . but you know what . . . Im EXACTLY to the pound of where I hoped I would be . . . a slow and steady 2 pounds per week. Some weeks I've lost nothing, others more than 2 pounds but it has leveled out perfectly.
    I second your comment . . . Thankgod I found MFP!!
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I love how supportive everyone is of each others journey. I'll keep you posted of how I'm tracking.