Support needed ... please...

Please help..
Im not far from 50 and have been trying to lose weight for 28 years and have failed πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ, I've around 60lbs to lose.
Im socially awkward, shy, embarrassed and feel like poop about myself. I can't even add people on here coz im so awkward πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Im looking for support and i promise to give you support too.
Anyone out there feeling awkward too please add me and we can be awkward together 🀣

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Hi!
    Don’t be anxious about the MFP community. There are some lovely and supportive people here.
    Am sending you a friend request 😊
    Chris
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Hi there
    I am in the same basket. Lots to lose and needing support. Will send you a friend request.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    I sent you a friend request too.

I think most humans feel at least a little awkward a lot of the time. But the internet is a great way to not let being shy get in the way of connecting.

Good luck with your weight loss. Whatever positive changes you make, no matter how small, are steps in the right direction. Be kind to yourself.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am not what you are looking for.

However, I, too, spent 3 decades failing to lose weight. I, too, was looking at an upcoming 50th birthday. While I did not have a specific goal before the birthday arrived I decided to try and make as much progress as was sensible and sustainable. When I did finally turn 50 I was at a weight I had not seen on the scale since I was a teenager. Still overweight but no longer obese.

You can do it too. Be kind to yourself. Try and be as happy as you can be each day. You do not need to be perfect you just need to be good enough most days. Time will pass anyway so you might as well spend some of it losing weight.

Ask for anything you need. Someone here will help.
  • Zendoodlebug
    Zendoodlebug Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for the friend requests.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Friend request sent!
  • Pearl0408
    Pearl0408 Posts: 78 Member
    Friend request sent