Options
CacoEther
CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
A place for sharing fond memories..

Replies

• CacoEther
    Options
    Couldn’t find an applicable thread so I made one. I was just remembering when I was like 13 and I begged my mom to let me buy a mail order home electrolysis hair remover. I’m sure it killed her to take my money and send in that check. Even more so when the thing didn’t arrive

until 8 months later.

Totally didn’t work.

I struggle to let my kids spend their money on stupid things but then I remember how my mom let me learn for myself.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    When I was in kindergarten I walked into class and threw up all over the floor and while the teacher was in panic mode and cleaning me up another kid named Kenny came running around the corner and slipped in it and skidded across the floor

😂😂
  • CacoEther
    Options
    when i was in second grade i was doing that rocking back thing on my chair that we weren’t supposed to do and i fell like loud “bang” and smacked my head and i was terrified miss bentsen was going to yell at me but she ran over and picked me up and put me in her lap and hugged me while i was crying and all the other kids gathered around and kept asking “are you okay??” and honestly idk if i’ve ever felt more loved

Way better than my second grade
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    When I was in kindergarten I walked into class and threw up all over the floor and while the teacher was in panic mode and cleaning me up another kid named Kenny came running around the corner and slipped in it and skidded across the floor

OMG, you killed Kenny!!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    One time a boy I liked was shoplifting stuff because he wasn’t raised right but anyway... he had the choice of giving me or this other girl the cool butterfly lighter and he gave it to me. 🥰🥰🥰 He ended up dating the other girl though 🙃
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    One time a boy I liked was shoplifting stuff because he wasn’t raised right but anyway... he had the choice of giving me or this other girl the cool butterfly lighter and he gave it to me. 🥰🥰🥰 He ended up dating the other girl though 🙃

...but you were equipped to light everything on fire so I think you won
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

...but you were equipped to light everything on fire so I think you won

This is true but I didn’t have the maturity to do that at the time 😔
  • CacoEther
    Options

i wonder if she was petty enough to bring up the lighter several times in future arguments

It’s probably the only reason they lasted
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    one time when i was around 10 or so. me my brother and my cousin all went to spend the summer at my grandmothers house. we went swimming down at the lake one day around lunchtime when it was super hot already and it was great.

then i got this terrible burning sensation in my right eye. only my right one, not both or anything. felt like someone glassed it open. bailed out of the water and ran up crying to my grandma. she didn't see anything wrong with it other than it was really red, but i couldn't see out of it at all by that point. everything was blurry and blown out.

went to get eye drops then emergency trip to the doc, who said it was a slight chemical burn. apparently they'd had some boat races out at the lake the weekend before and one of them semi-wrecked somehow and ended up spilling oil and gas and crap in the water.

and then several days later i must have managed to swim through a random patch of that in the water still and only got it in one eyeball. at least that was his best guess as to what happened.

anyhow he gave me stronger eye drops and made me wear an eye patch for like a week and it got better.
    this accounts for my thalassophobia i think.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Then there was the time I lit a cherry bomb in my bedroom and set the bedspread on fire.

Mom was not impressed.
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Then there was the time I lit a cherry bomb in my bedroom and set the bedspread on fire.

Mom was not impressed.

But was your girlfriend?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Then a couple of years later, I had another brick of fire crackers and we took them down by a small creek and were lighting them and throwing them at each other.

My friend, Jeff Davis, thought it would be fun it catch a frog and stick a lit fire cracker in it's mouth. I'm thinking, that the frog might protest such an endeavor but... well, it's a frog and we were 13 years old so.... *shrug

Jeff catches a frog. Jeff takes a firecracker and sticks it in the frog's mouth. He lights the firecracker and we all turn and run.

The wick burns down and just before going into the firecracker, it gets wet from the creek and fizzles out.
    The frog is just sitting there, looking crosseyed at the firecracker, accepting it's cruel fate.

Jeff takes out the firecracker and tosses it into the creek. He takes another firecracker, puts it into the frog's mouth and lights it. We all run away.

Only this time, we don't run quite as far. Again, the wick burns down and just before going into the firecracker, it gets wet from the creek and fizzles out. Jeff takes out the firecracker and tosses it into the creek.

He tries it a third time. He lights the firecracker and we all just stand there waiting for it to fizzle out again; nobody even took a step back away from the frog. Then.... Bam!. The firecracker did what firecrackers do.

I look up and everyone is laughing. Jeff was wearing a plain white Fruit of the Loom t-shirt, and splattered all over the front of the shirt and up on the collar was what remained of the frog.

Chalk it up to instant karma.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

Mom was not impressed.

But was your girlfriend?

I was 12.

I couldn't even spell grilfreind.
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I refuse to incriminate myself.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Mom was not impressed.

I have boys. They are just like this. Every summer I purposely read them news stories about some dumbass who blew his junk off.