Collagen supplements?

PAPYRUS3
PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
Hi
I'm curious about Collagen supplementation. I am curious to those that supplement have you noticed anything different in your joints/skin's firmness/nails, etc.,?

Do you consume marine or bovine?

Thanks people😘

Replies

• I’ve just started taken marine collagen...my skin looks better and my joints feel healthier after a couple of weeks. However I have started a general health overhaul (drink more water/exercise more/moisturise daily) so I can’t be certain that’s it’s all down to the collagen but I’m going to keep on taking it.
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi, I take a collagen bovine powder with my morning shake. Have been doing this now for about 2-3 months. In that time however I have also taken up cycling again, restarted boxing and for the past few weeks been back at the gym. I’ve also for the past month been eating at maintenance calories to allow my body to recover from constantly dropping weight for a little while before I target the last 5-6 lbs.

My joints do feel marginally better, however I’ve stopped running since I had a bout of vertigo at the end of May which was my main high impact exercise.

Biggest improvement I’ve seen is in my skin, it seems a lot more elastic, especially in the midsection with less sagging during certain positions (push up/plank). I’m guessing this is a combination of muscle tone, some fat reduction as well as slight skin improvement.

My thoughts are, if you can afford it, it’s worth a try (approx £40 for a couple of months worth). However if you can’t, the improvements aren’t so dramatic that you’ll be missing out on too much.