Falling off the track again and again

Options
For the past 2 weeks, I have been falling off the track again and again, going over my calorie limit, and sometimes over maintenance (diary is public for view). I end up eating 2000 calories, and for the next 2 days eat in moderation such as 1400 or 1200, but then again I end up eating over. It is really not intentional, as some of my guests are over, so I had to go to many family dinners, and you guessed the rest, but today I ended up mindlessly eating a 350 calories brownie in a minute. I don't know what happened to me, maybe it's because I'm on my period? I feel so pathetic

Replies

• kfarnworth2785
    kfarnworth2785 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are NOT pathetic! Are you trying to get better? Obviously! You are going to have good days and bad days and in-between days. It doesn't matter how many times you crash as long as you get back up and keep trying. This is life long progress and teaching yourself and your body new habits is not easy but it's worth it to keep trying! I totally blew off my diet because of stress from the Hennessy fire and flat out binged a bunch of candy and I mean A BUNCH! But tomorrow I'm going to get up and try again. I'm not going to stay down just because I fell down. Much love and support to you and anybody else trying! ❤️
  • kfarnworth2785
    Options
    PS I have beat myself up about my weight and eating most my life and the only thing it ever did was hinder me from getting back up. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Instead of being mad at yourself for having 2 good days then one bad feel proud of yourself for having 2 good day's cause if you are like me there was a time when you didn't have any good days a time when you didn't even try. So pat yourself on the back because you are doing great keep up the good work and celebrate every good day you have! Good job you! You are awesome! You are working it! You can and WILL succeed! 🙌🙌🙌💪🤜🤛
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You are far from Pathetic. This is a marathon not a sprint. The thing is you keep getting back on track. As was said above there will be good days and bad days and in between days. we're not robots we're human. You've got this. If you need a buddy to help you out add me. I'm pretty active on here
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you are logging everything there are days you are not eating nearly enough. This will cause you to "mindlessly eat" a brownie and I am surprised it stopped there. You need to be eating more protein too.

You are certainly not pathetic but you may not be approaching weight loss sensibly either. You need to take good care of yourself. You will not greatly increase your rate of loss by eating so little but you will hurt your body.
  • kfarnworth2785
    Options
    And apparently as I just found out you need the fat too, to little fat can also leave you feeling extremely hungry... And I thought it was a good thing if I kept under the suggested 30 of the 50/20/30, 50% carbs (complex carbs preferably) 20% protein, 30% fat... 🤦🤦🤦🤷 Live n learn!