Sticking to a diet

Options
I have tried every diet in the past with either a little luck or no luck because i did not have a support system or I gave up too early. I have to say, this has been the best weight loss program i have done so far. I never thought i would stick with this but I have found it to be very easy. Im not gonna lie the first week was rough. My husband has stage 4 cancer and we have sweets everywhere in the house, and when i say everywhere i mean it. I would walk by the bowl of chocloates and eat 3,4,5 and then have cookies. Now, I don't care if i have chocolate, cookies or icecream.
he way i deleted these items from me wanting them is buying what i don't like. I feel 100 percent better! I enjoy eating clean. I can't remember the last time i had something processed!

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your husband. That sounds very stressful.

I was never able to lose weight on a restrictive diet (meaning, by restricting certain foods or food groups) but I have found CICO much easier. Eat whatever I want, just not so much. I do give in to sugar cravings too easily so I had to just remove all that stuff from my house.

Good luck in all your new endeavors!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's so important to practice good self care when taking care of someone else.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    good for you taking care of you. My friend was doing the whole30 diet and her husb just got diagnosed with colan cancer and prostate cancer and she said I gained the covid 15. I know she gained 40 lbs when her Mom died. No food doesnt help, only gives us another problem.
  • forensicanthropology
    Options
    sorry to hear about your husband. That must be very stressful. Well done on keeping the food intake going through all of that stress. I also find not having the 'dangerous' foods in the house the best way to deal with it. I do have it as I like it but only once a month. I tend to record all my progress - weight, body fat, BMI and measurements monthly. I find I snack less this way. Best of luck with it all, we're all here for you. xx
  • Colleen1018
    Colleen1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sorry to hear about your husband- sending you prayers. Was wondering what meal plan you follow? I have started for the umpteenth time. I need help and direction. Thanks in advance
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your husband. Good luck with finding your way to a balanced diet!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go on not only taking the first step but keeping on the path! Adding the concern and care of your husband's health, self-care is important.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!