What combo of fruits go well together when making a fruit salad?

Hi there,

I'm new and I haven't dieted properly in years so I was wander if anyone has suggestions on what fruit combos go well with a fruit salad ? Comment below suggestions!! ❤️😊

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I think all fruits tastes good together.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    I agree. I think they all taste good together. Here is something I had recently that I really loved: tomatoes and watermelon salad. Some people make this with cheese but that can easily be omitted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MCm-BrIXKk
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I don't think you can go wrong, but I like berry salads (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
    and melon salads (watermelon, cantelope, honey dew).

You should check what fruits are in season in your area at the moment...those are going to be the best tasting.
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    any kind of fruit as suggested goes really well. I always like to add in passion fruit pulp and some lemon juice as a "dressing" for the salad.. Watermelon and mint goes really well together! and I agree with look for what is in season.. just play around with it. You'll find what you like best.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited August 2020
    Summer is when beautiful, fresh, sweet cherries are available in US supermarkets. I invested in an OXO cherry pitter* and enjoy every cherry season. 100g of pitted cherries is about 9 big, ripe cherries and 63 calories. Yummy! They go great not only in fruit salads but anywhere else, cooked or raw.

*There are many cherry pitters on Amazon at an average price of $10. The OXO one is more expensive at $13 but there are lots of them between $8 and $10.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Spinach-Salad-Recipe-Avocado-Berries-Honey-Vinaigrette-Yummy-Healthy-Easy-Square.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    exps10384_B163857D10_29_3b.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    fruit-salad-vertical-jpg-1522265825.jpg
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    I heard of one recently that sounded so refreshing yet simple:

543ad24124d8c7de034996a633d1baf7.png

Watermelon and strawberries with some fresh lime squeezed over the top. Perfect for summer!
    I'd even think to dress it with some balsamic and goat cheese for something more savory.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    My favs are berries, stone fruit (peaches, nectarines), and kiwi.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    If I make a fruit salad for dessert, it usually has strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cut up kiwi fruit and a small tin of diced pineapple

sometimes rockmelon (cantaloupe)

sometimes omit the raspberries or blueberies as they can be expensive out of season.

sometimes add a few grapes or a chopped banana - do this at last minute as bananas brown if left in there longer.

Watermelon is a common addition in fruit salads here too - but I don't like watermelon so I dont use that myself.