Need support Vegan-Vegetarians

Options
Dear loosers, I have been trying to loose but it seems I sabotage my own self. I need to find the calorie value to my home made food and this site doesn't let me have a pantry where I can just drag and add. It takes so much time to find the calories of the food I eat, I just give up. I need support from Vegetarians who can help me with their recipes and lists.

I also need positive support, I do not need a critic or a basher I am not hear to be judged, critiqued or yelled at. I get that enough in real life.

Looking for fuzzy vegan- vegetarian or people who understand them!

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Like anything worth doing correctly it takes effort and time. It's a free app and I make the recipe function work for me every day with ease. I'm vegan. You have to take the 5 minutes and add each part. If you think adding the recipe is tough I think you're going to have trouble with this process in general my love! Perhaps a change in attitude :) be excited!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I am a vegetarian (I suppose pescatarian as I have fish 1-2 times per month).....
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey i completely understand where you are coming from! I'm a vegan...was vegetarian for a long time then vegan for a few years then just veg but now back to vegan lol! either way i have a lot of years experience and have even messed with raw food some too so feel free to add me.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started eating a vegan diet 6 months ago, I've lost 100 pounds in that time. I try to avoid foods with added sugar or oils. Sometimes when logging food, I will find something that reasonably approximates what I actually ate so that the task of logging food is not overly onerous. I may be slightly off on the calories, but it still keeps me accountable so that I am thinking before I eat sweets, high-fat foods or drink soda or alcohol. I think that if I spent the amount of time it took to log things with exacting precision, I would probably give up on logging food and that would be worse than being a little off.

It works for me.

I have also become very active, particularly with cycling.

I think it's important to remember that there are plenty of vegetarian and even vegan foods that, if over-consumed, are not healthy for you. I believe that a healthy lifestyle takes planning and intentional effort, even as a vegan.
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started eating a vegan diet 6 months ago, I've lost 100 pounds in that time. I try to avoid foods with added sugar or oils. Sometimes when logging food, I will find something that reasonably approximates what I actually ate so that the task of logging food is not overly onerous. I may be slightly off on the calories, but it still keeps me accountable so that I am thinking before I eat sweets, high-fat foods or drink soda or alcohol. I think that if I spent the amount of time it took to log things with exacting precision, I would probably give up on logging food and that would be worse than being a little off.

It works for me.

I have also become very active, particularly with cycling.

I think it's important to remember that there are plenty of vegetarian and even vegan foods that, if over-consumed, are not healthy for you. I believe that a healthy lifestyle takes planning and intentional effort, even as a vegan.

I completely agree with this! i approximate when i log food some times too though i will say i am impressed that the food log on MFP does have a lot of the vegan foods if you search.

Ther are alot of food options as a vegan and you dont have to eat a lot of the "fake" processed stuff. I gained alot of my weight from starting to eat too much of the packaged fake stuff, but also when i went off Veganism for a year and started eating cheese (i personaly think cheese is the devil lol).