Do you find yourself more sensitive to caffeine after weight loss?

Options
I used to be quite a "caf-fiend" back in the day, especially in college. Nowadays, it doesn't take much to get me all jittery. I don't know if I'm older and years of imbibing illegal amounts of caffeine have taken its toll, or because I've lost some weight my body absorbs it faster. Anyone else relate?

Replies

• gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In my experience, and from talking to other people who noticed similar things, caffeine seems to be something you can build up a tolerance for. If I stop drinking caffeine for a while then start again, it takes much less for it to have a noticeable effect on me.

So, I have not seen a difference after losing weight, but have based on my caffeine habits.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    gcminton wrote: »
    In my experience, and from talking to other people who noticed similar things, caffeine seems to be something you can build up a tolerance for. If I stop drinking caffeine for a while then start again, it takes much less for it to have a noticeable effect on me.

So, I have not seen a difference after losing weight, but have based on my caffeine habits.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I drank a lot of coffee when losing weight, so no, nothing changed. But I go through periods where I quit coffee or limit myself to one cup in the morning, and then I find it seems much stronger when I go back to it.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Nope, less sensitive. I drink more now.