Meal Prepping

Options
nanastaci2020
nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
edited August 2020 in Food and Nutrition
Yesterday was my first attempt and I'm pleased with the results. Made my lists, did grocery shopping and made 3 dishes. I also cooked some tilapia fillets that were unused from the weekend and can throw sides together easily. AND made dinner yesterday. I seriously won't cook again until next Sunday. (I do have an adult daughter at home that cooks several times each week for those in the household NOT watching how much they eat.)

It was a bit of work and I'll get better at my time management and organization as I go. Also I ordered from Staples: labels to go on food containers that dissolve in the dishwasher. For now just using 'regular' labels that will need to be removed.

I made:

Chili w/ 85/15 ground turkey
Baked penne w/ Jennie-O hot turkey sausage, mozzarella, low fat ricotta, low-cal sauce
Shrimp 'Fried' Rice w/ carrots & peas (not fried, made in a rice cooker)
Tilapia fillets seasoned with salt, pepper, creole seasoning cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil.

I am open to ideas for recipes that are mostly cooked in one pot. I will have a Food Saver in the near future, but until then I am just looking to refrigerate 3-4 meals so that I can grab & go for lunch, dinner. These type meals are SO much more filling than Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine meals but for similar calories.

Maybe I should look - there is probably a group for meal prepping/batch cooking.