Recommendations on Health Trackers

aspieguy66
aspieguy66 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello My Fitness Pal Community; I am reaching out for support to make an informed decision on purchasing a new personalized health fitness tracker since I have been overwhelmed with how much information and data people get on a daily basis. The reason I am overwhelmed and need some thoughtful feedback is I am a male adult living with Auditory and Sensory Processing Disorder which can look like ADHD in adults. I may also have ADHD and having both means taking any stimulant medications to control the daily grind to perform my self-care is high risk.

Therefore, I am needing a personalized recommendation for a device that has a fairly large watch face, water-resistant as I may drop it into the toilet lol and longer than average battery life like a minimum 1 charge per week. I don't find looking at narrow bands easy. I hate the Fitbit Alta HR bands because they are hard to secure to the face and I have had skin irritations so I want a device that the band fits over a bar and made with hypoallergenic materials. I only need a device to tell the time, date, reminders, stopwatch, and timer functions. I don't need and want notifications flying in on it. I need accurate tracking especially on sleep, calorie burn, and then activities.

I have 2 Amazon Echo Dots managing my home living. I have been struggling to keep a food diary and a water intake log and have decided to use H2O Pal as an Alexa skill to input my water. Voice data input is quicker and easier to perform than typing. I heard the food database on My Fitness Pal is the best around and that scanning a bar code is the easiest way to accomplish food diary logging. I am in the process of wanting to follow the Blood O type dietary protocol with some modifications. I need to be strict gluten and dairy-free is what I am being advised.

My highest price level is $99. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 which is running Android 9 currently.

I look forward to getting a device that I can accomplish my rehabilitation. Hope you can understand how challenging living with 1 or both of these conditions has been over a 46 year period without a solid medical assessment and diagnosis.

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    I haven't had one in a while, but I really liked my Garmin Vivofits. I had a couple different models over several years before moving on to an Apple Watch. You may be able to find some of the older models for under $99. As far as I recall the later models did have sleep tracking. Worth a look to see if they have anything fitting your parameters. They were reliable and I only stopped using them because of my own interest in upgrading to more features.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Ditto to Vivofit being correct price range.
    Can get carrier to attach to body so not even on wrist, since it's rather small for a watch. That can be covered with silicon if it helps allergy.
    And time until new battery can be 1 year depending on usage.
    Waterproof to degree mentioned.
    Sleep seems very good since worn on body.

Since on-body I don't use the time, date, reminders, ect though it has some degree of them.

Accurate tracking of anything is relative and an estimate - there is no such thing as accurate.
    There is reasonable for average usage, getting worse as you become less average in activity or types of workouts.
    Then some manual logging may be required.
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    I have a Garmin Vivofit. I used to have the 2 and just got the 3 on Amazon for less than $60 a couple of months ago. It connects to the MFP app and logs my steps and exercises there as well. I like the Vivofits because they are waterproof, I do not have to charge them and I can change the battery when it dies (about 1.5 - 2 years for my vivofit 2).
  • uyister
    Oh! Forgot to mention, it does track sleep etc. I got the white one, so it was cheaper than the others, but, since I like different colors, I also got replacement bands and the Vivofit 3 and replacement bands came out to be about the same price as the Vivofit 4 or so.
  • uyister
    hkhlqu3tq6qa.png