HRM Question

Options
I just got my HRM from Amazon last night. I've set it up. But I noticed that you can only measure your performance for the day overall and not per exercise (i.e. a walk or one workout session in the same day). What do you do with splitting up these two activities? Or do you just average it out when you get the eod results? Is that why some people have both a fitbit and a HRM?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    what kind of HRM do u have? I have a polar ft7 for me I just start it everytime I workout and add the calories burned into mfp per workout. Not sure really what you mean by averaging most HRM's you can just start and stop as you workout.
  • remimarie
    Options
    i have the same thing...polar ft7. what i mean is....if i go for a walk for like 90 minutes and then workout for like 30 minutes, how can you distinguish the calories burned between the two?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    when u stop it after your workout it gives u the calories burned ..XXX you add them into MFP ...then when you start your walk and finish you do the same....you have to start the HRM when you workout.....then press the button to stop it..and at that point on the display screen it gives u the calories burned for that workout.......there is no distinguishing ..once u stop it what u see on the screen is the calories burned for that workout.....you need to add them into mfp separately because walking is a different type of workout then lets say aerobics anyway
  • remimarie
    Options
    oh ok.....i thought it stop = pause and not really stop. i must use the attached strap, right?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    oh when it pauses u press it again and totally stop to get the reading...yes you have to use the strap and wet the electrodes a little before putting it on the manual tells u its easy...
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    if you forget the caloric number at anytime u can go into the training files and retrieve it by date
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    oh ok.....i thought it stop = pause and not really stop. i must use the attached strap, right?
    If you mean the chest strap... Yes, that's where the heart rate comes from.
  • remimarie
    Options
    thank you....that's what i thought. so do you wear yours all day? do you need to wet the electrodes more throughout the day?
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    thank you....that's what i thought. so do you wear yours all day? do you need to wet the electrodes more throughout the day?
    no you only wear the hrm strap when you are doing a workout and only wet it before you put it on..i don't even wear the watch unless im working out I know some may wear it throughout the day I just choose not to.
  • remimarie
    Options
    sorry if i'm being a pesky gnat. just too many questions on my mind. ;-)
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    its ok a new gadget it gets easier lol
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I only wear mine for cardio workouts. HRM's are not that effective for weight training, but then I don't track a lot of my calorie burns at all.
  • mzielinskim
    mzielinskim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For training i use a Bluetooth hrm connected to my Android phone. I use runkeeper which syncs easyly with mfp.
    I tried a polar also but didnt like the amount of manual actions on the pc to get the data into runkeeper or mfp.