Stressed, frustrated, & anxious.. Oh My!

Options
Just having a down moment and I guess knowing others might be going through something similar or have gone through their own low moments would help me not feel so alone right now.

Feeling so stressed which is causing a weight stall (and gain) I think which is causing me serious frustration b/c I just don't know how to alleviate the stress better. Exercising is out of the question for today. Absolutely abysmal night of sleep b/c of stress/anxiety and even with lots of caffeine, I only have enough energy to do mom stuff.

It's not even that my life in general is stressful really (there have been some bad moments recently, but overall, not so bad). It's just that the stress of every little thing has built up to this point.
Deep breathing helps some, but it can really only do so much.

I don't even know where I'm going with this. I just needed to vent some I guess

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I like guided meditations (free on Youtube) to get me through stuff like this. Favorites are Joe Treacy, Michael Sealey, and Jason Stephenson.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I like a hot bath at the end of a stressful day, light a few candles, add some mellow music....being a Mom is a demanding 24/7 job. I used to remind myself, "the days may be long, but the years fly by fast." ;)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Vent away and do what you can do today.

Your "Mom Stuff" is essential, yes, yet to be the best mom you need to formulate a way to take care of yourself over the long-term.

* Which stressor can I reduce (or outright omit) today?
    * How can I treat myself well today?
    * What step can I take to be healthier today? (Mentally, physically and/or spiritually)
    * When did I last congratulate myself on being an amazing valuable person today?
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These are unusually high stress times we are living in and as you said sometimes just em venting helps. I unfortunately EAT lol but that’s why I’m back on MFP trying to get myself back on track. Please feel free to reach out anytime and know you are not alone there are many people here who want to help you. We’re in this journey together