coffee to water

Options
I wanted to share a nifty trick I found for reducing coffee and increasing water intake.

I’ve been dropping an unbrewed coffee bean in my water thermos every day. The bean is delivering enough flavour to get me through five refills (10 cups) a day and when I have “real” coffee I’m not using as much cream and only half a sweetener, and it’s a lot lighter on the stomach. It’s also easier on the wallet. :D

Sincerely, A random coffee lover

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Ooof... It couldn't be me.

Glad it's working for you though!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry...one bean of coffee dropped in water? How would that change the flavor at all? (Am I missing a joke maybe 😂)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What about the caffeine? Do you eat the bean at least? That wouldn't work for me :D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    22 beans, crushed and soaked in hot water, not quite boiling is perfect for me. JMO😝
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry...one bean of coffee dropped in water? How would that change the flavor at all? (Am I missing a joke maybe 😂)

No joke. Drop it in and let it set for 5 minutes and you’ve got flavour. So far it’s worked with medium roast and flavoured. :)
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What about the caffeine? Do you eat the bean at least? That wouldn't work for me :D

Well the point is for those trying to eliminate stimulants but want the flavour. :) I have a 500mL thermos that I refill 5 times over a ten hour period and it works great.