Replies

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great job, inspiring!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! That sounds like a ton of work and you did awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look happy and you feel healthy and that alone is a win. You are working hard. I wish you continued success on your journey.
  • annielavender321
    annielavender321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!
  • stahndebs
    stahndebs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are a perfect inspiration. Well done .
  • wayne_da_teck
    wayne_da_teck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent work....you must be so happy and proud...cogratulations
  • wayne_da_teck
    wayne_da_teck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 200 lbs in November and hit 135 lbs this morning. blood pressure is excellent now ,taken 3 times a day ,last 3 month ave of 116/65 from 135/85 in Nov.. Also Cholesterol went from 6 to 2.8. Exercise and eating right beats medicine and drugs anyday.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    It's difficult for some people to not be judgmental about bariatric surgery, ESPECIALLY those of us that have had significant losses without it. Many people fail to realize that we are NOT all the same. While I was able to lose 75 lbs. in a year without surgery, my older brother had a gastric ring surgically input. He did little to change his lifestyle, exercise or do practically anything he was supposed to. In the end he weighs more now that before surgery. So obviously, there IS much work required of those that have surgery, and it is not CHEATING, especially if your work resolves your obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and other medical problems. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • msapplek
    msapplek Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @catmama256 - Thank you for sharing your story! Your hard work is so inspiring!!
  • dawnlmidge89
    dawnlmidge89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • The_Weight_Of_Spilled_Ink
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!! Congratulations!! :)
  • Walkingwithdogs
    Walkingwithdogs Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats..👍
  • newyorkanna
    newyorkanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a woman!!! Congratulations on your incredible accomplishment! You look gorgeous! Keep up the good work and thank you so much for the kickass inspiration this morning. You are amazing. <3
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Well done!! My sister had bypass surgery and I know how hard that was for her. I just can't make myself do it. So I keep working on doing it the old-fashioned way. You look incredible!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information about your journey to successful weight loss and regaining your life. The information you shared is very helpful to those of us doing things without surgery...but that have considered looking into it should this approach not work. I'm aiming for 3 yrs to take off 120-150 lbs. I plan to consider my exercise and nutrition top of mind forever. 8 months in to my journey and I'm at 15-20 lbs lost. It is slow....but I think I'm going to consider the cost of surgery...and start investing in trainers and such to push me along. Then - if this doesn't work...I will be following in your footsteps. Congratulations...you look like a woman who is ready to take on all that life offers and throws at her!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great Job!
  • fourtwentygrl
    fourtwentygrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    that is awesome work!!! so inspiring.
  • cherokee28
    cherokee28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Catmama256
    That is amazing..I thought about the surgery but I have Crohns disease so it's not really an option. I just started seeing a nutritionist on July 13th and so far I have lost 24lbs. through diet and exercise. Like you I wish I had started long ago as I just turned 71. I have Diebetes and A-Fib along with all the normal health curses. I hope I am as strong as you and can continue my journey to a healthy life. Congratulations to you!!!
  • CYNTHIANELSON1
    CYNTHIANELSON1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Job Well Done, Love Your Persistence.!!!!!!!!! Truly Beautiful To See!!!!!!
  • Erin084
    Erin084 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wtg!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!