Binged 3 days straight

Options
Nevergiveup_mfp2020
Nevergiveup_mfp2020 Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Ugh yes.... I hate myself! I feel ashamed, guilty and physically I’m so bloated. 54 days ago I started my weight loss journey. My goal was to lose 20-30 pounds. I stayed consistent and within my calorie goal for 50 days straight. This was the longest I stuck to my plan and workouts. I was really happy. However, I wasn’t seeing the results I wanted to see. I was expecting to see an inch or two off my waist or even a little change in my progress photos over 7 weeks but that didn’t happen. I binged Thursday, yesterday and today. I roughly put down everything I ate and mfp is showing me I ate 7000 calories over maintenance or maybe over 7000 cals in the 3 day I had junk food so a whole chocolate cake, crisps, sweets, high calorie sugary drinks, fatty meats, more and more junk food. I know it’s a journey but sometimes it’s hard to think that way when you are constantly tracking what you are eating. I just get so impatient then upset and after I turn to food. Right now I feel so sick and gross... I wanna get back to my plan tomorrow but I feel so demotivated right now.... I’m not ready to give up on myself. If I don’t do this, I know I will regret it later but at the same time I feel like I will never get to my goal. 😞

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    First of all don't beat yourself up. You messed up, ( I know I have at times and for a lot longer than 3 days.) Forgive yourself and move on. Think about how you feel physically, use it to your advantage the next time you want to binge- do you want to feel like this again? I have issues if I eat too much sugar so that is a motivator for me to watch processed sugar.

This is a lifestyle change so it has to be sustainable. That means being able to eat treats now and then. Recognize how much better you feel even if you don't see big changes and to know that this is important and you are worth it. You can do this.
  • _nnooorr
    _nnooorr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. The mental battle is real.
    I know that I struggle too and hate myself when I binge. I can’t wait to be healthy mentally and physically and hoping the weight-loss will follow
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You went on a 3-day bender but it's time to sober UP now. Looking back with shame and guilt won't fix it. Fat is not a feeling. I repeat, feeling fat is useless.

Your very next meal is your clean slate. Don't rob your plate to pay for yesterday's bender. As grandma says, there's always another streetcar coming around the corner. You've always got your brand new meal to enjoy. No need to make amends.

If you'll think of your next meal as your new beginning you won't ever, ever have to start over again. Every single day you have 3 meals and 3 brand new slates. No redoux required.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    50 days of consistency massively trumps 3 days off plan! Well done! And the good news is, you can't have done THAT much damage in 3 days. You will have extra bulk in your digestive tract, and extra water weight making it seem like you've gained more than you really have. Dust yourself off and get back to tracking. It only becomes a problem if it becomes 3 days every week, or the 3 days turns in to 33 days. But 3 days out of 53? You're fine, you got this.