Veggie protein

Options
mo1700
mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
I’m struggling with protein, I never ever have enough.I don’t eat eggs and am a diet controlled diabetic so on low sugar
I recently bought chai seeds to add to breakfast but adding a tsp at breakfast only adds an extra 1g
I eat lots of pulses and some quorn
Any suggestions would be welcome 👍🏻

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    tofu, tempeh, hemp seeds and plant protein powder if you like it. Leafy greens, seeds and nuts. Peanut butter, soybeans, lentils, Broccoli, Spirulina can add amino acids/ protein

Beyond Meat, the newer vegan plant based meats, Just Egg( plant based egg that is incredible!!!)Seiten if not gluten intolerant
  • wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is hard... Can you eat legumes? Like lentils and chickpeas? They are my go-to. Edamame should also have a good amount of protein. And I think you can find soy milk with no added sugar.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, eggs, or dairy. I get most of my protein from beans, tofu, tempeh, and seitan. I use vegetables, nuts/seeds, and grains to help round it out. Soy or pea milk is another potential source (other plant milks don't tend to have much protein).

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Do you eat oats? They have protein, I had peanut butter powder/ nut butter to my breakfast porridge to ramp it up a bit.
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions, much appreciated
  • tushitatravellogue
    tushitatravellogue Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Lentils and millets would form a great combination and also a great source of protein. Millets are also diabetic friendly due to low GI.
    You can cook millets similar to quiona/rice and try making Indian style Dal fry to go with it.
    There are different types of millets available, you can check which one is available. You could also have quiona if millet isn't available.