What pets do you have? What pets do you want?

Options
2»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    They're not exactly pets, but I do go outside most every night, with a blacklight flashlight, and look for scorpions.

They glow like this:

Glowing_Scorpions_-_Lizardguy.jpg?w=650&h=433&fit=fill

Then I kill them with either hornet spray or other more violent means of disposal.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    A dog, horse, livestock, wildlife everywhere I look. Moose, elk, deer, antelope, badgers, pine martens, fox, coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers, skunks, mountain lions, bighorn sheep, bison, wolves,black bears, grizzly bears. I want more dogs, dogs, dogs but that would upset the balance.

qazyn8y177ym.jpg

• Motorsheen
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    A dog, horse, livestock, wildlife everywhere I look. Moose, elk, deer, antelope, badgers, pine martens, fox, coyotes, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers, skunks, mountain lions, bighorn sheep, bison, wolves,black bears, grizzly bears. I want more dogs, dogs, dogs but that would upset the balance.

no scorpions, huh ?

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @Motorsheen Doggone it, none. The high was only 47 degrees here today. I'm not ready for winter. I have 3 sweaters on and my toasty socks. It dropped 40 degrees in a day's time. With scorpions, do you have turkey buzzards?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    @Motorsheen Doggone it, none. The high was only 47 degrees here today. I'm not ready for winter. I have 3 sweaters on and my toasty socks. It dropped 40 degrees in a day's time. With scorpions, do you have turkey buzzards?

@Diatonic12

I haven't yet seen a turkey buzzard.

However in the last year... coyotes in the front yard and street, along with: javelina, snakes (thankfully sans rattles), hawks, and a pack rat or two.

• _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

@Diatonic12

However in the last year... coyotes in the front yard and street, along with: javelina, snakes (thankfully sans rattles), hawks, and a pack rat or two.

We must be neighbors.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

@Diatonic12

We must be neighbors.

I'll flash the front porch light, on and off, three times....
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options

@Diatonic12

We must be neighbors.

I'll flash the front porch light, on and off, three times....

Seent it!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I have two cats and two bunnies. I want probably most animals as pets. 🤔 Realistically I want a fennic fox, three more cats and two dogs. A few wild birds, maybe crows and at least one squirrel but they'd be outdoor and still wild but they come to my house bc we're best friends. Also, I teach the crows funny things to say so when visitors come it's a fun and spooky time.

I seriously want a raven b/c they can "talk" (and have a creepy overture to some), but in NA we can't "own" domestic wildlife.

...random we can own budgies in NA, and apparently they fly free and plentiful in AU? Weeird...Can they own ravens and crows?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I have a dog. I want a cat. I used to want to befriend a wild crow (it’s happened to others!). I’d also settle for more dogs, an otter, a capybara family I could visit in the wild but wouldn’t actually want to have as a pet. Also maybe a magic flying carpet.

@MaltedTea this isn’t the first thread I’ve seen you mention today about starting a separate group for people of certain spiritual interests. *suspicious eyes*
  • newyorkanna
    newyorkanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No pets allowed in my current apartment, but eventually I want two bulldogs when I retire. Aahh, that would make me really happy.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I have a dog. I want a cat. I used to want to befriend a wild crow (it’s happened to others!). I’d also settle for more dogs, an otter, a capybara family I could visit in the wild but wouldn’t actually want to have as a pet. Also maybe a magic flying carpet.

@MaltedTea this isn’t the first thread I’ve seen you mention today about starting a separate group for people of certain spiritual interests. *suspicious eyes*

🤷🏿‍♀️😏
  • driheataz
    driheataz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 2 doodle dogs, 180 degree different personalities despite being raised together. Jojo is an ESA and my gregarious girl and Libby is reserved cuddle bug. I would give either up for anything. m1irzku0n4fi.jpeg
    senx454qnn4a.jpeg
  • paula1207
    paula1207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cats with AIDS that I rescued. One I rescued from being euthanized. He was a barn cat on an alpaca farm in Nebraska when they found out he had AIDS. The other I rescued from a shelter so my one cat would have a buddy.

• B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    a dumb maltese shih tzu who thinks he's a mountain goat and always seeks higher ground, you can put a paper towel on the hardwood floor and that fool will lay on it instead of the floor, want a brindle boston terrier with a smooshed snout
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One sweet bunny
    One backyard fox

I want another bunny
    A golden doodle or shiba inu
    A hedgehog
    A cat
    A chameleon
    An axolotl

Would be ecstatic to adopt an otter too. But I believe they are illegal in my province.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have had many animal companions over the years.

3 dogs, 3 fish, 1 hermit crab, 10 tarantulas, and so far 4 cats.

The only ones still living are two of the four cats, as two passed away in August and then again in Sept.

Galaxy and Magellan (the old guard - now gone):

5jxymih0i1n8.jpg

Jonesy and Thackery Binx (the "new guard"):

2cilke58knhc.jpg

I'd eventually like to have dogs in my life again, but we move too often right now for that to be viable with the breeds we're interested in due to space.

I'd also like chickens, tarantulas and a snake at some point.

Oh, also a fox or a skunk. Just cause.