How much of a difference does ten pounds make?

Options
So I'm nearing my final goal weight (As far as I know!)

When I started, my goal was just to not be obese. Then it was to not be overweight. Now I want to be dead-center of a healthy BMI range, which for me, at 5'5" would be 130 lbs. I'm at 140 right now. I still feel a little pudgy though. I'm not sure if that is because I am still a little pudgy, or the excess skin makes me feel that way or just that my brain isn't used to not feeling like I'm fat anymore.

So ladies, for those of you around the same size as me, (120-150, depending on your height), how much of a difference did ten pounds make? Did you feel different? I know when I was 270 I had to lose 30 lbs to go down one pant size. Now it feels like I only need to lose 7-10 pounds. I know the smaller you are, the more of a difference you can tell, so I'm wondering if 10 pounds will get me where I want to be. My measurements are currently:

Bust: 37.5

Waist: 26.5

Hips: 38.5

Replies

• Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    10 lbs made a pretty big difference for me.

I'm about 5'5. My highest weight was 140 and I had similar measurements (except a smaller bust), and at that time I was pushing the uncomfortable end of a size 6. 14 pounds later I'm comfortably in a 2/4.
    10 pounds did make a big difference but it didn't put me where I wanted to be. I felt better. More comfortable. But also like I wanted to lose 10 more.