Scale Obsession Rant

Options
Up and Down, Up and Down on the scale!!!! No matter WHAT I do - stay under calories, go over calories I can not get the number to go down and STAY down. I know I may be obsessing a bit on the scale - but after 155 Days of MFP I wanted a little better results! I know, I know, sometimes it is my food choice - but sometimes, it isn't!!!

Argrrrrrr - frustrated! I drink water - no change. Meal replace with Protein Shakes - no change. Go from 996 steps a day (seriously!) to over 6000 a day - no change!

Just ranting!! Feel free to criticize or make suggestions. Or just ignore.

Replies

• AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about tracking everything and just staying away from the scale for a few weeks? I know it hard (I'm a scale obsessor too) but I find if I stay away from the scale for a bit sometimes it gets me more focused on food/working out and less focused on the number.

Just a thought...
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hmm, so you've lost no weight at all in 5 months? That is problematic for sure...are you sure you are doing everything accurately (logging, weighing, measuring, HRM etc?)? If so, maybe a checkup to rule out a medical issue?
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Throw scale in trash

Step 2 - Set goals that won't make you feel like this, and will actually get the job done far better than obsessing about what a little machine says.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1079133-weight-is-the-worst-goal-for-motivation