Fish and Salad

Today for my dinner I had 56 grams of lettuce, 61 grams of cucumber, 20 grams of green bell peppers, 7 grams of corriander all mixed with 114 grams of tuna and 121 grams of smoked haddock fillet (fish). 226 calories in total.

Is that a healthy meal to have or is it a lot?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Why do you think 226 calories is "a lot" for dinner? How many calories are you eating every day?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This is a question that is impossible to answer.

Is it a lot? We'd need to know your calorie goals and what you ate the rest of the day.

Is it healthy? Again, we don't know what you ate the rest of the day. That one meal doesn't contain everything that your body needs, but it's possible you got those things at other meals.

Focus on the overall diet, not just a single meal.
  • It's not a lot calorie wise. It's a lot of fish though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    kasimRK wrote: »
    Today for my dinner I had 56 grams of lettuce, 61 grams of cucumber, 20 grams of green bell peppers, 7 grams of corriander all mixed with 114 grams of tuna and 121 grams of smoked haddock fillet (fish). 226 calories in total.

Is that a healthy meal to have or is it a lot?

226 calories is a snack.
  • KasimK
    KasimK Posts: 14 Member
    I've had 600 calories today
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    kasimRK wrote: »
    I've had 600 calories today

That's not nearly enough, so I hope you're planning to eat a lot more.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Presumably the fish salad was your lunch and you had ~375 calories for breakfast.

As a male, you should be eating at least 1500 a day (and 1500 would only be the case if you're really short and don't weight very much already). So, you've got at least 1125 calories left for dinner plus any snacks. To me that's a lot to have left over, but I'm sure others would have no problem eating that much in one meal.