Hobbies that help lose weight without feeling like exercise (low impact)?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Scooting :) Buy a scooter - instead of taking the bus or walking, scoot. You'll need to learn to switch legs. It's a great form of transport and saves on short drives :) You can go as fast or a slow as your fitness allows.

Kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.

Dancing. Join a ballroom dance club and learn a new skill!

I've done kayaking - I would definitely call that exercise, admittedly it was on the ocean, but I was pretty sore the next day!

Dancing I agree with 100%. I used to do Lindy (and would still do it now if I had babysitters!) it's such good exercise :)

• ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started walking in June and while it wasn’t pleasant or “enjoyable” at the beginning I stuck with it and now I crave my daily walks. When I’m not pushing our two kids in a double stroller I listen to podcasts to keep my mind engaged.

Walking is a great starting activity. Other than shoes you don’t need any special equipment and you can go as slow or fast as you want and go whatever distance you can manage.

Starting out my goal was 30 minutes a day to close my Apple Watch ring, and it took me a few weeks to be able to do it in one session. I’m now easily walking 60-90 minutes straight and doing it much faster than when I started.