Not new to MFP, but new to message boards!!!

Options
Hi fellow fitness friends! My name is Sherri and I have been using My Fitness Pal since January to shed some pounds and eat healthier. I have lost 47 lbs and am religious about adding entries for every single calorie I consume! I initially started dieting because i have 9 herniated discs in my back and wanted to lighten my load.

In my spare time I love hanging out with my dog, and am anxious to get back in my kayak and on the hiking trails, once my back is improved.

I can't seem to shed the last 8 pounds, any tips from the group would be fantastic! Keep in mind I can't exercise hardly at all, so I need to get there by diet and routine. :)

Nice to "meet" you!

Replies

• wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    icanhike wrote: »
    Hi fellow fitness friends! My name is Sherri and I have been using My Fitness Pal since January to shed some pounds and eat healthier. I have lost 47 lbs and am religious about adding entries for every single calorie I consume! I initially started dieting because i have 9 herniated discs in my back and wanted to lighten my load.

In my spare time I love hanging out with my dog, and am anxious to get back in my kayak and on the hiking trails, once my back is improved.

I can't seem to shed the last 8 pounds, any tips from the group would be fantastic! Keep in mind I can't exercise hardly at all, so I need to get there by diet and routine. :)

Nice to "meet" you!

Hello Sherri, nice to meet you and your lovely dog :) Have you tried intermitted fasting? It's helping me a lot!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Sherri, sometimes it really comes down to that Ol' Mission Creep. Since you cannot exercise you have to measure and weigh all of your food. As time goes on what we tend to eyeball is off the mark.