Adding a recipe

Options
I'm having some trouble. I've added ingredients for a recipe (a package of this, a can of that, a pound of something else, etc), to equal a grand total for the batch. I can't figure out how to create my own specific serving sizes? Help?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    hollym73e wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble. I've added ingredients for a recipe (a package of this, a can of that, a pound of something else, etc), to equal a grand total for the batch. I can't figure out how to create my own specific serving sizes? Help?

Determine the final weight and then decide how to break it into portions. If it is something that does not easily divide evenly you can make each gram a serving. Fresh baked bread is a good example. Slices are never going to be perfectly even so if a finished loaf weighs 1500 grams I enter it as 1500 servings then enter the total weight of each slice that I eat.

I make a fair amount of soup so I decided some time ago to buy the opaque plastic containers in the pint and quart sizes often used for takeouts by restaurants. Since most of my soup are lowish calories I do not really worry about the slightly uneven distribution of ingredients. I just do my best and each pint is a serving.