Calorie Intakes

Options
izzychow
izzychow Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone!
I've recently became motivated again and am looking for MFP to help me along the way to my weight lose. Currently down 18lbs from a starting weight of 233 but I'm stuck...so here I am.

My question, to my MFP's, is this....what are your calorie intakes that you use daily....I'm on the recommended 1200/day...however I've noticed some users have personalized their intake to what suits them best and still losing weight. Some have calorie intakes at 1500, 1800, 2100, etc.....so whats everyone doing or finding that works....cuz I'll tell ya one thing, and I know its only been 3 days since really starting back....but boy am I hungry.

Thanks for sharing....and if your looking for a new friend who will keep you motivated...but expects the same in return...add me :smile:

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hi there, do you have your MFP set to lose 2lbs a week? Perhaps that's too aggressive for you, there is no shame in that. If you'd like you can change your goal to lose 1lb a week and see if that feels more reasonable.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I had mine set at 1200 when I began b/c I chose 2lb loss and I have found that I do better with 1-1.5 lb loss. Are you eating back your exercise calories? I have now set my cal intake to 1390 and eating back most of my calories (all if I am hungry) this seems to work for me. You can all try to calculate your calories with TDEE. Then you take your TDEE and -10%-25% off of it to get the amount of calories you should eat per day. In this method you DO NOT eat back your calories because it's already figured into your amount. I personally have found for me that either way works and I am eating about the same amount of calories a day. If you are interested in TDEE google it. I have also found that every site will give you a slightly different TDEE so you can take the average.

Everyone is going to be different, just find what works best for you. Good Luck
  • izzychow
    izzychow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...I'm going to try this week to do the 2lbs per week...but eating my exercise calories I get back..if I'm hungry...if it doesnt work out then I'll readjust next week....last thing I want to do is become discouraged.
This discussion has been closed.