Calories based on low activity/sedimentary

Options
I’ve been using the weight loss calories for the lowest activity level and sedimentary as I’m not too active at the moment.

I do wear a Fitbit and tomororw I’ll be doing a few errands and food shopping. I usually get quite a few steps. Maybe a few thousand. Should I adjust calories for this type of activity or does low activity levels already include a few thousand daily steps?

Replies

• ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    If your Fitbit is properly synced then it will show up as an adjustment and you can eat those calories back if you want.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Yes, sedentary already includes a basic level of activity. A few thousand steps - I think I remember reading in these forums that it's around 3500 steps.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If you wear your fitbit regularly then you should have an idea of how many calories you're burning based on activity...you can log those calories in MFP if you want to eat them back - or just keep track and make sure you're eating enough based on MFP's estimate.

I am a runner - but when I'm not running I have a sedentary job and life mostly so I also have my activity level set to 'sedentary' and I log my run calories. It's easier for me to do the math that way.
  • tushitatravellogue
    Options
    If you wear your fitbit regularly then you should have an idea of how many calories you're burning based on activity...you can log those calories in MFP if you want to eat them back - or just keep track and make sure you're eating enough based on MFP's estimate.

I am a runner - but when I'm not running I have a sedentary job and life mostly so I also have my activity level set to 'sedentary' and I log my run calories. It's easier for me to do the math that way.

I do the same, if I hv taken a walk on a particular day, I add exercise calories on MPF as shown on my steps tracker and my overall calories are adjusted on MFP.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    everyone does what works for them, and that can take time, and trial and error to figure out.

i have mine set to sendentary. Even though we run a homestead/farm, and of course, i run plenty of errands. i gained weight doing those things. i dont get credit for them for food. lol

i know what my average step count it (not much really, around 5000 on a good day). I only count deliberate exercise. even then, personally i dont eat back a ton of my exercise calories