hi everyone. first time here.

Options
hi everyone. i'm Roger, 56 years, and this is my first time on the site. i'm using it to fine-tune my habits and start figuring out things before deciding on whether to get gastric bypass or not. i started my downward journey in march 2019 when i was 566 lbs. i was a shut-in for 1 1/2 years and couldn't walk 150 feet or fit into a car. my doctor got me into a program where they came to me. i'm now at 418 lbs. i've been keeping a personal food log in a notebook with just what i eat and drink, not how much of anything and no calories. i need to get into the counting part now since it'll be needed if i get surgery. i'm still only walking but i'm up to 1-1.5 miles when i go. it's been a long hard journey from 150 feet.

Replies

• salvadorjuradoiv
    salvadorjuradoiv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing you all the best on your journey Roger!
  • 88digitalawesome88
    Options
    You've made a massive improvement already, well done. It is wonderful that you are taking control of your health. If you can lose that much weight without logging, imagine where you will be once you do. I'm excited for your journey, your gonna do great.

For me a high percentage of health and wellness is about the way I nourish my body, I am a volume eater, I love food, so I have found that nutrient dense, filling, high fiber meals are essential to me sticking within my calorie budget. I'm also lazy so I meal prep, it's not for everyone, but personally I fold in the face of making food decisions on the fly. My slow-cooker (crock-pot) is my best friend and I limit buying triggering foods because if they are on hand, chances are I will eat them pretty quickly.

Also, author James Clear has a fab book 'Atomic Habits'. So good, read it if you can.

Wishing you an abundance of health and vitality. Yay for you!

• karenalexander1164
    Options
    Wow Roger amazing progress wishing you more success 🤗