lundseymarie29
lundseymarie29 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2020 in Getting Started
bwtwf1j80bn7.jpg

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    MFP does it for you - just add your exercise and the duration, and MFP will automatically add calories burned to your daily total.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Personally, using mfp’s method (pick exercise, add time) I usually modify the calories burned and cut 10-20% off for possible error. That way, I can be pleasantly surprised on weigh in day. I always think I burn fewer calories than mfp claims I do. 😊
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I add my exercise into mfp data base, however, I usually don't eat my exercise calories. That way if the calories of the food that I put into my dairy is off a little I don't have to worry about it. There's always a chance that mfp calorie amounts are off, so I know I'm safe not eating my exercise calories. 😄
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    In your screen shot it seems to be saying Now, at this point in day, you've burned 926.
    Activity calories is 101.

I'd assume but confirm that the Activity calories is what is above and beyond sedentary level of base calories.
    It could be all included - extra daily and exercise calories combined.

In which case you can indeed log them in total as like Extra daily burn, create your own workout.
    If that is in reference to just the walk, then log just the walk if there is no syncing going on.
    But beware in that case there could be another screen showing total extra activity which is the workouts put together and extra daily movement - in which case you adding each workout still misses out on extra movement which could be well above sedentary but not part of a workout.
    In which case you'd just create your own workout and add the whole combo.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I only eat back 25% of my exercise calories if I am extra hungry
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my exercise calories. I am content and full with the 1100 calorie allotment daily. If my workout was especially grueling and I felt real hunger, perhaps I would treat myself to some of the additional calories earned. So far I haven't indulged. It is a personal preference.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    4Phoenix wrote: »
    I don't eat back my exercise calories. I am content and full with the 1100 calorie allotment daily. If my workout was especially grueling and I felt real hunger, perhaps I would treat myself to some of the additional calories earned. So far I haven't indulged. It is a personal preference.

Not a good thing. You are looking for serious health problems down the road.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

It is personal preference.

But it increases the deficit.
    Makes recovery from exercise worse.
    Easily makes the diet extreme in nature (unless you happen to be creating the deficit from exercise, but eating 1100 I doubt it).

The 80% failure rate in dieters to reach goal or maintain it is usually because they attempted something extreme.
    And at best it can't be sustained and adhered to - at worst it hurts the body in some way (I'd count losing upwards 25% muscle as the weight as hurting it)

I wouldn't call it indulge as if it was to be avoided normally - I'd call learning weight management.
    You do more you eat more. You do less you eat less. Life lesson.
    Don't put too much weight on feeling full, most are here losing weight because they can't read their body and it lies to them, especially when it's adapted as best it can to extremes.
    There is a difference between you feeling full, and your body being fully fed for it's level of activity.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,096 Member
    Options

how did you get a calorie allotment of 1100??

Also what do you mean by "so far"? ie how long have you been doing this?

presuming you are using MFP - the default lowest setting is 1200 - and that is intended to be a net amount - ie for you to eat back excercise calories on top of that.

Sure, some people find eating back less than all of them works out better - but you shouldnt be doing a gruelling work out and not eating back any.

Assuming your logging is reasonably accurate, of course.