Hmmm, whats a good title???

Options
JudeMac
JudeMac Posts: 2 Member
Hi, I am Jude. I have just joined this site and am still feeling my way around. I just thought I would give this a go, to say hello, and wish everyone the best on their way to a healthier life.

I have two teenage boys, so I need help resisting the junk food the have in the cupboards, and am soooo glad I found this site as it seems to be just what I need. Lets just hope I can stick with it................

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    Welcome , I am fairly new to this site, but so far I love it. Hope you will like it too
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining the site and working on your health. I have 2 teen-age boys also and I find they are hot and cold about junk food. Now that I've been trying to eat healthier for a few months, they're getting used to less junk around the house. Sometimes they even roll their eyes at junk food. Other times they search for something easy and sweet. They have to resort to chocolate chips straight out of the bag.
    One thing I've done is that when I buy "junk food" for them, I go to the store full and motivated and buy them something I don't happen to like: Dr. Pepper (uck!) tortilla chips (I would eat the whole bag of potato chips, so that's out), cheese sticks (too salty), granola bars with chocolate chips (I can indulge occasionally without throwing everything out the window) and ice cream with peanut butter in it (which I know I can resist).
    Good Luck!
    Sandra