My exercise diary updates are not showing up in Newsfeed

Options
My updates to the exercise diary ("wanderinglight burned XX calories doing XX") used to show up in my newsfeed but they don't seem to be doing that any more. I've checked in settings but can't find the fix. My food diary is private, but it's always been private and wasn't affecting it before.

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    What a fascinatingly obnoxious response. Yes, why would I want the support and encouragement of other people who are going through a similar journey? Why on earth would I want to share small victories with a wonderful community of others? Why even have friends at all? Why post on forums?

We should all just do this alone...silently, stoically, never cheering each other on, looking only inward. /s
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Are you logging the exercise late at night? It seems not to post to the news feed if logged after midnight.

Also, there's a setting somewhere to suppress it (in the web version, not sure about the app - but the web settings sometimes affect the app). You might want to go into the settings in the web version and make sure it didn't get turned off accidentally somewhere along the line. (It's also possible that private diary suppresses that timeline update now, but didn't used to - I don't know.)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You've checked the settings here?

s07bq6jyelgd.png

If the cardio exercise setting is checked, there are two other options:
    - the sync between MFP and your fitness tracker (specific brand) is glitchy/buggy
    - MFP is being glitchy in general

I've had many glitchy periods on MFP where nothing would post automatically on my newsfeed, or specifically exercise won't post or, like now, my weight updates won't post. I've started posting messages manually (standard text saved in Color Note) when my newsfeed is misbehaving.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I’ve had this issue for awhile and just chalk it up to yet another classic mfp glitch :| Although occasionally it doesn’t post it at all, I mostly find that it doesn’t post my exercise update immediately but a few hours later it appears on my wall. Check it in a few hours and see if it magically appears :)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have noticed MFP does not post *certain* exercises that I do. Like, it's fine with telling the world that I lifted weights, but it won't post yoga. No idea why.